16 replies to this topic

wykell

wykell

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull New York
Red Bull Arena The Cathedral of American Soccer is over a year and a half old at this point, and yet I still have the distinct pleasure of waiting for 15 minutes for the 4 people in front of me to clear the line so I can order a beer that they don't have right now, because they "ran out 10 minutes ago and are waiting for someone to bring more. Oh and we don't have any peanuts left, sorry." DN HAD to know that this was going to be a sold out match, so there is no excuse for them to not be 100% on top of their inventory management and control. I can get being out of a beer for 5 or so minutes, but I stood in line for 15, and did not see anyone actually make a call for more beer, nor did the two workers make any effort to inform the line that one of their taps was out. And with the peanuts thing, there was a bottled beer stall right next to the tap beer that had peanuts. When I asked if they could just take one of their packages and sell it to me so that I could pay on a single transaction (and use my members card to pay), they looked at me like I was some sort of alien.

The Eurosnob lovely Manchester United supporter in line behind me had never been to RBA, and in the 15 minutes of conversation we had, he said he LOVED the arena, that it was amazing and gorgeous from what he could see in his first visit. And by the time we got to the front of the line, he made it clear that he was never coming back. That's what a 15 minute line to serve 4 people beer does to someone. I don't mind paying $13 for a beer (oh wait, yes I do, but whatever, I expect it), but I think its about time that I start taking advantage of the liberal RBA policy to allow a "small amount of food and/or drink" into the arena, because I'm done with DN.

/angry, tired rant about the third world concessions in a first rate stadium
Dabbler in Fine Things Everywhere

Teams I support, in order of precedence
US Men's National Team, New York Red Bulls; MLS Squads*; Manchester United (been a fan since I could walk); Barcelona (been a fan since they started PAYING to wear the UNICEF logo)

Will-NEVER-Support-List
Mexico; Italy; DC United; David Beckham's current team (post-United); Liverpool; Michael Owen's Hamstring; The entire City of Philadelphia.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,334 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona
You have to wonder how many years in a row this is going to go on before they yank the contract, if that's even a possibility. You'd think that since the management actually addressed the issue with season ticket holders at the start of the season that there would be notable efforts to improve, but from my limited experiences with the concessions this year it seems to have actually gotten worse!

hackmeister

hackmeister

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,324 posts
  • Interests:Futbol, linux, hunting, drinking beer
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls
:deadhorse:

Metromaniac01

Metromaniac01

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, US Nats, SMF
I am guessing Delaware North is the company running concessions at RBA?

If so I agree. It is an absolute disgrace. If someone is trying hard at their job, I am going to give them a break regardless of their skill/knowledge. Unfortunately DN employees don't try hard and do not tap into the full potential of their brain. It takes 5 minutes minimum to serve each customer. When halftime is 15 minutes, not many customers get served.

I just wanted one beer and had to wait 15+ minutes. The couple in front of me purchased $15.75 worth of food and drink. They handed the girl working the register a $20. She put her hands on her head and tried to concentrate. After much thought she reached into the register and gave the couple $5.25 back haha. After a few beers and some 10mac I had no problem counting change. But the professional change counter was slow and then ultimately incorrect.

Miscounting change is embarassing, but the real problem is the wait time. It is ridiculous. Pay me $100 and I could come up with a better system for managing the employees behind those counters. There are too many people standing around doing nothing and no one knows what their responsibilities are. It is like a snack shack at a high school football game.

In the final years at Giants Stadium, Red Bull clearly stated they were holding back on marketing efforts because they wanted new fans to be going to RBA instead of GS. The RBFO said they feard fans would come to GS, be disappointed, and never return. Well 1.5 YEARS into RBA those first-time visitors are still arriving, and you are still sending them home disappointed never to return again.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,624 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU
I have to say, the changes they made with the members-only lines, getting the cards working, and additional beer carts made all the difference in the world for me. I had little or no wait at all last night, and haven't really been pissed at concessions in a while. Yes, its expensive and they certainly can move faster and learn how to pour a beer without wasting 80% of it, but service has been"good enough," unlike before. But maybe thats just in the members lines. I even got my food, drinks and bill quickly and accurately (miraculously) at the bull's pub before the Dallas game. I just wish they'd bring back the Guinness cart they had last night for RB games.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

wgoood2

wgoood2

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts
  • Supports:METROSTARS!!

I am guessing Delaware North is the company running concessions at RBA?

If so I agree. It is an absolute disgrace. If someone is trying hard at their job, I am going to give them a break regardless of their skill/knowledge. Unfortunately DN employees don't try hard and do not tap into the full potential of their brain. It takes 5 minutes minimum to serve each customer. When halftime is 15 minutes, not many customers get served.

I just wanted one beer and had to wait 15+ minutes. The couple in front of me purchased $15.75 worth of food and drink. They handed the girl working the register a $20. She put her hands on her head and tried to concentrate. After much thought she reached into the register and gave the couple $5.25 back haha. After a few beers and some 10mac I had no problem counting change. But the professional change counter was slow and then ultimately incorrect.

Miscounting change is embarassing, but the real problem is the wait time. It is ridiculous. Pay me $100 and I could come up with a better system for managing the employees behind those counters. There are too many people standing around doing nothing and no one knows what their responsibilities are. It is like a snack shack at a high school football game.

In the final years at Giants Stadium, Red Bull clearly stated they were holding back on marketing efforts because they wanted new fans to be going to RBA instead of GS. The RBFO said they feard fans would come to GS, be disappointed, and never return. Well 1.5 YEARS into RBA those first-time visitors are still arriving, and you are still sending them home disappointed never to return again.

Damn, your old enough to buy beer in the stadium now??

Metromaniac01

Metromaniac01

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, US Nats, SMF

Damn, your old enough to buy beer in the stadium now??

I know SMF is all grown up :cheers: hahaha riiiight :lol:

karlombo

karlombo

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Supports:ALIANZA LIMA , NY RED BULLS
I worked in the restaurant business for 10 years, and see the way this stand operated is embarrassing. I tried to get food during 2010 season opener and was a nightmare.... I did the same during the season opener this year and it was the same scenario, like nothing change during a freakin year.

the solution.. get food on my way to the game.. buy a bottle of water at the stand next to the path station... I do not drink so I do not have I do not have to make that insane line to get a beer....

Get real restaurant people to run the food service at RBA. its fries, hot dogs and beer... dont need to be a brain surgeon to figure that out.

nyrmetros

nyrmetros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,849 posts
  • Supports:Metros, USMNT, NUFC, Rangers
Ya'll are retarded if you don't bring in a water bottle filled with vodka, or water....

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,905 posts
I've mostly avoided concessions since the home opener this season. It's just been a complete disaster. As a fan, you have choose between getting a beer and watching the entire match because it takes forever to get through the line. The employees don't seem to know how to work any of the equipment. I don't know if it is a training issue or a cognitive impairment, but it needs to be fixed or Red Bull is going to lose a lot of sales.

Binks

Binks

Posting From Behind Enemy Lines

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,749 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Fulham, RFC
I have a solution and its one that I am already attempting to follow.

Don't buy concessions unless you absolutely have to.

Every time you get a survey or some other opportunity to provide feedback on them, DO SO. Make sure you are clear on how absolutely pathetic they are.

Pregame pints 15. Ticket to the game 60. Carlsburg, Meatpie and Crisps 16. Seeing an American score on another American at a Premier League match in England; Priceless.
"i just like to be careful right b4 i go on a first date with a chick. too much weird comments on facebook and im dead from the start" - JayDelight

"There's nothing good about my team, my team is shit!" (Harraby Lad to Alexi Lalas about Carlisle United)

And then, just like that, his halitosis and jersey were gone. -Bobby Boswell on Bobbygate

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,990 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

waiting for 15 minutes for the 4 people in front of me to clear the line so I can order a beer that they don't have

After 1.5 years of futility, why are you even attempting to spend your hard-earned money on over-priced stadium concessions? :unsure:
Isn't one definition of insanity "Doing the same thing over and over again, hoping for a different result"?
Bring a bottle of water in with you! (Hide the cap with a snack).

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,990 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

I have a solution ... Don't buy concessions

Reduced to its essence. Emphasis added.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

J.K

J.K

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Supports:Metros
I think we should have a sit down protest until the concessions improve! :ph34r:

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts

I think we should have a sit down protest until the concessions improve! :ph34r:

Start making shirts, Bill. Don't miss another chance to vampire the fuck out of something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users