269 replies to this topic

onionsack

onionsack

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,241 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos
Who fucking cares what some random blogger with an axe to grind thinks?

RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
  • Interests:Liberating small towns from anti-dancing legislation.
  • Supports:An ever expanding stomach

Who fucking cares what some random blogger with an axe to grind thinks?

Well, since the traditional media is falling over themselves to contribute to the hero worship of a football coach who had no trouble using his authority to get his players out of trouble but not to do the right thing when his longtime assistant was... well, you know the story.

Care to comment on the NY Times link or are we just cherry picking?
  • What's stucco?

• What happens when you step in bubblegummo.

MikeV

MikeV

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,457 posts
  • Supports:Metros
I think it's funny when people who support one big time football school pile on when another gets in trouble. They are all corrupt and dirty, it's just a matter of who has been caught and who hasn't.

The year I learned to hate college football

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,241 posts

Well, since the traditional media is falling over themselves to contribute to the hero worship of a football coach who had no trouble using his authority to get his players out of trouble but not to do the right thing when his longtime assistant was... well, you know the story.

Once again, its never been established he did anything wrong at all concerning the actions he took after McQuerry advised him what he saw...and the exact detail of that communication McQuerry has waffled on a bit. What is clear as McQuerry did report that he felt the incident was innapropriate and Paterno, who did not witness the incident and only knew of it as third party hearsay reported it to his superiors and the people who had direct supervision over Sandusky at Penn State.

(TRUTH - no one really knows exactly what Paterno knew about the incident, the level of detail, etc as McQuerry's own statements about the conversation do not state the level of severity we know or suspect it to be today. In fact, you would think people would be more upset at the man who was in a position to kick Sandusky's ass in the act or otherwise call police as a witness..then a 80+ year old man who learned about it in some degree second hand who actuall did REPORT it.)

What we do know is Paterno reported the incident, he did not cover it up of fail to report it. He had no duty to report it to police, and frankly going straight to the police with that information as someone who did not witness the incident would have been wrong. McQuerry should have been the one to make an official report.

The real culpabale people here are the two gentlemen at Penn State that actively took steps to cover up the incident and protect their own personal interests with Sandusky. Tim Curley was the Athletic Director and was the person in charge of Jerry Sandusky in an official capacity at the University (Paterno no longer had any supervision over Sandusky as he was no longer with the football program at the time). He was the person in charge of coordinating a campus investigation into the allegations.

Gary Schultz as vice presodent of the University most likely was the guy making the decisions about covering up the incident and he along with Curley are the two people during a grand jury investigation that LIED about the incident. They were the ones that were actively trying to thwart a police investigation into Sandusky.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Phil Knight's speech from last night

DE GRANDPRE OUT

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Once again, you have no fucking clue what you are talking about. I'll point you to an ESPN piece highlighting the fact that our football players kept getting into trouble with the cops...

http://www.post-gaze.../900389-194.stm

"The show found that since 2002, 46 Penn State players have been charged with 163 criminal complaints. Forty-five of those complaints resulted in guilty pleas or convictions. Of the 46 players charged, 27 pleaded guilty or were convicted."

Yeah, Joe did a great job getting his players out of trouble :rolleyes:

The only person who has tried to imply that Joe used his influence to get kids out of trouble was a disgraced former administrator who was ousted by the students. Vicky Triponey was the most hated Penn State bureaucrat when I was at the school. In months she completely dissolved our student government and set up shell organizations so that she consolidated all of the power when it came to student affairs (she was VP of student affairs at the time), and there was no student input. She managed to remove the organization of faculty and students responsible for the appeals process at Penn State. It got so bad, that a student-run organization was set up to get her ass out of office...I give you the "Vicky Triponey timeline of terror" circa 2007

http://safeguardolds...line-of-terror/

It's really easy to read Op-Ed pieces and think you're an expert on all things Penn State. Research a little bit before taking the next opinion article as fact.

DE GRANDPRE OUT

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts

Once again, you have no fucking clue what you are talking about.

Says the guy using Phil "Sweatshop" Knight to try and prove a point. But, hey, whatever. We don't see eye to eye on this and that's cool. Well, not cool, because there are a lot of victims in this whole thing (and no, Joe Paterno is not one of them, you silly goose). You think sweet, handsome, Man of Steel Joe Paterno did everything that was asked of him and I see an old fool that cared more about victories than the victims.

By the way, I thought I was supposed to "Come Down and See You at El Pastor To Discuss This Grrr" or whatever chest pounding thing you said?
  • What's stucco?

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,241 posts

By the way, I thought I was supposed to "Come Down and See You at El Pastor To Discuss This Grrr" or whatever chest pounding thing you said?

Well, I guess the day you stand up and let yourself be known and own your words we all can have that "discussion".

aTrayne

aTrayne

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • Interests:...association football, tennis, skiing, indie music, culturejamming.
  • Supports:RBNY Metros, Celtic FC

Well, I guess the day you stand up and let yourself be known and own your words we all can have that "discussion".

Posted Image
RedBull gives you wings...and the wings given to the RBNY marketing/PR team were from a Dodo bird.

RedBull on our chests, Metro in our hearts

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts

Oh boy, I could meet you? Golly, that would surely be special. Dare I say we might become... best fwends? I am curious as to what you mean by "own my words," but whatever. And how would I meet you at El Pastor if you don't go to games anymore? Or is it that you didn't renew your season tickets but still go to games? Because then in some small way isn't that still supporting the team? I'm so confused.

Posted Image

haha
  • What's stucco?

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
Experts: Penn State investigation could focus on cover-up
  • What's stucco?

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts
Long read, but worth it.

As I told you all before, this is way bigger than Joe Paterno. This sits right at the governors feet. Tom Corbett is a piece of shit.

http://espn.go.com/e...e-state-capital

DE GRANDPRE OUT

Matrim55

Matrim55

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,254 posts
  • Supports:Metros
Sandusky guilty on 45 of 48.

Hopefully they come for Pedobear St. next.

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
http://progress.psu....al-june-22-2012
  • What's stucco?

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Sandusky guilty on 45 of 48.

Hopefully they come for Pedobear St. next.

They're going after the people responsible. Graham Spanier, Tim Curley, and ESPECIALLY the chief of police and most culpable...Gary Schultz. These men aren't Penn State, they're felons. This monster is finally going away forever.

The mother of Victim 6
"Nobody wins. We"ve all lost."

This is solemn justice. I hope the three stooges are next.

Powerful read and worth it.

http://sports.yahoo....vil-suits-.html

DE GRANDPRE OUT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users