Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
"Chris, this guy seems awesome! Do you think we can get him to NY?"

Read entire article, you'll enjoy it.

http://delcotimes.co...iewmode=default

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
  • Interests:Liberating small towns from anti-dancing legislation.
  • Supports:An ever expanding stomach

"Chris, this guy seems awesome! Do you think we can get him to NY?"

Read entire article, you'll enjoy it.

Its hard to believe weve only been here two years. It feels like this team has been around 10 years.

something something Philly fans manufacturing something

whatever
  • What's stucco?

• What happens when you step in bubblegummo.

Harraby Lad

Harraby Lad

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,604 posts
  • Supports:several real football clubs

something something Philly fans manufacturing something

whatever

as opposed to the organic, grassroots, working class football culture that surrounds YOUR New York Red Bulls :lol:
Master of Karate and Friendship for everyone.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,634 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

as opposed to the organic, grassroots, working class football culture that surrounds YOUR New York Red Bulls :lol:

at least the support behind the goal of RBNY is multi-cultural, multi-ethnic and bi-lingual, as opposed to the wonderbread-ness of the SOBs.

Also, you always mention that the community down there supports the Union. I don't see many black folks down there that do, either on TV or in person. Did you just mean every community EXCEPT the one that resides near the stadium?

Don't worry, I don't expect an answer with respect to the question I posed, cuz you won't have one.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

I don't care about NYCFC or the Cosmos.  I only care about Metro.  So MOTHERFUCK those two teams.

123NYwins

123NYwins

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, USA, & DCU mutilation
Posted Image

"This is where I’m from. A team I represented for over 10 years. If I had been going somewhere it would have just been a job."

-Mike Petke

NickyG

NickyG

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • Supports:1996 NEW YORK

but the supporters groups, especially ESC has been around longer than people in philly knew that soccer existed. move there. take your shop and move it to chester that will be very organic and supporting the local community surrounding the stadium :rolleyes:
You can change your wife, your politics, your religion, but never, never can you change your favorite football team. Eric Cantona

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,804 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Link 404ing now.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Harraby Lad

Harraby Lad

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,604 posts

at least the support behind the goal of RBNY is multi-cultural, multi-ethnic and bi-lingual, as opposed to the wonderbread-ness of the SOBs.

Also, you always mention that the community down there supports the Union. I don't see many black folks down there that do, either on TV or in person. Did you just mean every community EXCEPT the one that resides near the stadium?

Don't worry, I don't expect an answer with respect to the question I posed, cuz you won't have one.

The melting pot behind the goal (at RBA) is great, but not sure why you would think that makes it any better than in Philadelphia. The attendees at PPL are reflective of the community and the economy. Support for the Union has no racial or religious boundaries.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,804 posts

Support for the Union has no racial or religious boundaries.

Geographic, either! :lol:

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Calpico

Calpico

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,377 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Fulham, April 25 Sports Club

Support for the Union has no racial or religious boundaries.

I've seen guys with Skrewdriver and SS tattoos in SOB and the Illegitimates. So...
"There are no time-out's in soccer? ... Really?" - Coach John McGuirk

http://calpicotime.tumblr.com/

Harraby Lad

Harraby Lad

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,604 posts

I've seen guys with Skrewdriver and SS tattoos in SOB and the Illegitimates. So...

Those guys can't have much fun living in Philadelphia :lol:

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,804 posts

Those guys can't have much fun living in Philadelphia

Well. like most PU fans, they probably don't.

123NYwins

123NYwins

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, USA, & DCU mutilation

Those guys can't have much fun living in Philadelphia :lol:

Applying what you applied to us, they're not a Philadelphia team anyway.

"This is where I’m from. A team I represented for over 10 years. If I had been going somewhere it would have just been a job."

-Mike Petke

eightyhoursaway

eightyhoursaway

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Celtic

why you always hatin on us pale faced fuckers?
"What these players have to realize, is that when you put on the Celtic jersey you're not playing for a football team, you're playing for a community and a cause" - Tommy Burns

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,634 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

The melting pot behind the goal (at RBA) is great, but not sure why you would think that makes it any better than in Philadelphia. The attendees at PPL are reflective of the community and the economy. Support for the Union has no racial or religious boundaries.

I thought it was to reflect the "COMMUNITY" of that region? Let alone the city/town that surrounds it. The attendees by the looks of it, especially the SG, reflect just one of the communities down there, not all. Considering Phildelphia is in a region of the country (norheast/mid-atlantic) where there are lots of differing cultures and backgrounds, the support there HARDLY reflects that.

DC doesn't have that issue, and neither do we. As much as I despise your former favorite MLS team, DC United, they have my respect in that they draw from ALL of the community, just not one in particular.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

I don't care about NYCFC or the Cosmos.  I only care about Metro.  So MOTHERFUCK those two teams.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users