Using Hindsight, Should We Have Kept Bouna?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Poll: Knowing What We Do Now, Should We Have Kept Bouna? (51 member(s) have cast votes)

Knowing What We Do Now, Should We Have Kept Bouna?

1. Yes (15 votes [29.41%])

Percentage of vote: 29.41%

2. No (36 votes [70.59%])

Percentage of vote: 70.59%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,499 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Useless to bring Bouna back without Des.

We have these two kids. Let em be, see what they got. One of them turns out to be legit, it's a huge cap/roster/intl slot win for us.

le what?

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

I don't care about NYCFC or the Cosmos.  I only care about Metro.  So MOTHERFUCK those two teams.

BillFromAstoria

BillFromAstoria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Liverpool, US, SUNY Purchase
Bouna was an adventure in goal. I never knew what he was going to doŚmake an incredible stop or make a boneheaded bungle. He was capable of both, but last season, he was more capable of the latter than the former.

That said, he was always one of the first to applaud 101 in his Senegalese undershirt after the game. "Meara Time" just won't have the same ring to it...

METRO T-SHIRTS!

http://1996NY.spreadshirt.com

Even the losers get lucky sometimes.

jamison

jamison

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,515 posts
  • Supports:New York
Bouna always was very grateful to the home end, true, but I'm sure Meara will be equally responsive once Pete talks to him & he knows that if he doesn't clap, his legs will end up broken.

As for songs, his last name sounds close enough to "Mirror", so, leaving aside Michael Jackson's "Man in the Mirror", and the Human League's "Mirror Man", (& Lil Wayne, come to think of it) I'll try to work on a version of The English Beat' "Mirror in the Bathroom". ("Meara in the Goalpost?")

My only real worry is that Conde won't be ready to play 90 minutes until opening day, and that he & Holgersson will need 4-5 games to get fully synched up. If those 4-5 games go poorly & Hans-Soler panics and brings in another Rost, that to me is our current worse case scenario (aside from Conde getting re-injured).

They did it last year with the DeRo/Rost/Dax/DaLuz kerfluffle, I'd hate to see it again just because one or both of these guys got the David Carr-memorial happy feet in the back while the two CBs in front of him were learning to gel. If anything, hopefully the gap in relative experience between Conde & Holgersson isn't as much as it was between Rafa & Ream, so there won't be the case where 1 can't talk to the other (What could Ream really say to Rafa re: positioning & tactics?) and the other won't be pulling any of that "You're not on my level" shit. I think we have a better shot at a unified back line without Rafa back there.

le what?

I started Sutton in goal once.......Once.

Posted Image

Marc de Grandpre is a very obvious shit sandwich. 

JayJeeMoNee

JayJeeMoNee

"JonnyG"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,474 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, USA, Everton, Barca

As a separate thought, is there any team with the potential for a disaster in GK like we have?

Philadelphia? Haven't been too impressed with that young American kid.

Follow me and my RBNY fandom on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/JayJeeMoNee

"Forget returning to the Metrostars; we should be called FC Revolving Door and be done with it." - Voice of Reason II

"The plus side of watching this team for so long is that nothing remotely surprises me anymore. Henry could have taken his shorts off and cocksmacked someone to earn a red, and all I would have said is "That's so Metro." - Regulator

"In between soccer games this weekend, I played 36 holes of golf with my dad. Playing golf, I realized, is a bit like watching the Red Bulls play. Both can have the tendency to feel like self-inflicted torture. You wonder why you do it at all. But when it’s over, you can’t wait to do it again. To New England we go, then." - Andrew Keh

"In the Church they say that suffering is good for the soul. I like to view my love for this team as being a spiritual exercise." - Steve B2

betoAYAK

betoAYAK

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,248 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Barca, Millonarios, Jesters
Bouna Time
You're a fucking monkey.
QUOTE (NittanyMetros @ Mar 17 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It seems Philly fans have signed up on metrofanatic to vote for themselves (in 'What team do you hate more?') . No real fan of this team would vote anything other than DC.

Rooney22

Rooney22

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,381 posts
  • Supports:The Mighty Fucking Metro
Why don't we let the season start before making judgement? Give the kids a chance...

Consigliere

Consigliere

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:Drinking, Soccer, and Women, not always in that order...
  • Supports:Red Bulls/Metro, Aston Villa
To put it simply: NO
"Leave the fucking cheese there, alright! I love fucking cheese at my feet! I stick motherfuckin' provolone in my socks at night, so they smell like your sister's crotch in the morning." --Silvio Dante

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users