14 replies to this topic

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,859 posts
  • Supports:Metro

“It is a different atmosphere,” he said after the Whites’ 2-0 win. “It was intense here. That is the way their supporters are and as a player you have to block them out. It was interesting for me, it was a little crazy.

“In the USA, you have one small section that gets into it and tries to get everyone else into it, but here you have everyone yelling.

Calling you ST holders out..

DE GRANDPRE OUT

Charlestown Chiefs

Charlestown Chiefs

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,221 posts
  • Interests:In no particular order Hockey,Beer,Metro,Women
  • Supports:Metro/RB USMNT NY RANGERS BAYERN

Calling you ST holders out..

the sporting landscape in he US will always be different. It would be great if one day it could be loud, but I just dont see it happening. R\Especially when teams are trying to price out the diehard fan.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,901 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

the sporting landscape in he US will always be different. It would be great if one day it could be loud, but I just dont see it happening. R\Especially when teams are trying to price out the diehard fan.

it ain't much different when you go to some college football or basketball games.

in the end, the older you get, the less inclined you are to participate.

RIP Guillermo Romulo and Alexander Francis Orig.

I don't care about NYCFC or the Cosmos.  I only care about Metro.

Rooney22

Rooney22

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,000 posts
  • Supports:The Mighty Fucking Metro
Wait till he plays at the Reebok or away at Aresenal or Fullham or Blackburn. Then he'll feel right at home <_<

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,588 posts
  • Supports:RBNY
Europeans sing and chant at every one of their sporting events. I've watched them sing at ice hockey games. We don't really have that at American sporting events, because it isn't part of our sporting culture.

Loyal supporter of RBNY: 2013 Supporters' Shield Champions

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,227 posts
  • Supports:Amurican Soccer, Arsenal

Europeans sing and chant at every one of their sporting events. I've watched them sing at ice hockey games. We don't really have that at American sporting events, because it isn't part of our sporting culture.

meh...

I've been to many matches in England where you could hear crickets...

Millwall sucks at football, their claim to fame is their shitty supporters, they just try as hard as possible to be nasty.

Ream acknowledged the SW, its just that the rest of the stadium doesnt join in. Also, when the reporter asked if there was a "big" difference between the quality of MLS and the EPL, he downplayed the difference.

He hasn't even played an away WC qualifier yet... Ream has much to see.

copaantl98

copaantl98

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars and USNT
Went to Emirates and Craven Cottage last year. Both were sold out and quiet as hell. Not much singing at all.
Judge: Mr Griffin, you even tried to bribe me with a subscription to Grape soda today, which I already have!

I'M AN AMERISNOB.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,901 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Went to Emirates and Craven Cottage last year. Both were sold out and quiet as hell. Not much singing at all.

Was at Chelsea-Blackpool in September of 2011, pretty silent at the Bridge.

RIP Guillermo Romulo and Alexander Francis Orig.

I don't care about NYCFC or the Cosmos.  I only care about Metro.

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,227 posts

ha! I was at the exact same two stadiums last december.... Chelsea was visiting Emirates, so it was pretty loud in there with everyone trying to outsing the away fans...

at the Cottage I saw the Hammers visit... whole stand of West Ham fans and they were silent most of the game except for a couple of random "Tiny Bubbles" ......

I had tickets to see the Black Country derby but it got canceled with the snow storm, I was very sad...

Rooney22

Rooney22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,000 posts
I too have been to the Emirates and the Cottage this year. Arsenal fans seemingly know only one chant. At the cottage I saw in the Home end and only a group of like 30 people were vocal the whole game the only time the crowd got into it was when C'mon Fullham would start and only last 30seconds or so. But yea most prem teams can't hold a candle to the SW.

Matrim55

Matrim55

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,249 posts
  • Supports:Metros
Sorry - where's the original article this is from? Missed it somehow.

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,227 posts

Sorry - where's the original article this is from? Missed it somehow.

http://www.thebolton..._in_his_stride/

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,740 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

most prem teams can't hold a candle to the SW.

IMO, the loss of terraces & the ban on standing, has affected crowd participation & noise level in England.
http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/16248937
"Terraces were banned following the Hillsborough disaster in 1989 and ... all-seater stadiums became compulsory in England in 1994."
http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/12830836
http://www.liverpool...92534-29987843/

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Rooney22

Rooney22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,000 posts

IMO, the loss of terraces & the ban on standing, has affected crowd participation & noise level in England.
http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/16248937
"Terraces were banned following the Hillsborough disaster in 1989 and ... all-seater stadiums became compulsory in England in 1994."
http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/12830836
http://www.liverpool...92534-29987843/

That and it has gotten very expensive it cost me almost 50 USD at Fullham and they were the cheapest seats available and Fullham is cheaper than most clubs when it comes to ticket prices.

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,031 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos

That and it has gotten very expensive it cost me almost 50 USD at Fullham and they were the cheapest seats available and Fullham is cheaper than most clubs when it comes to ticket prices.

This is why the Bundesliga in Germany is still the best league to watch football out of the big leagues in Europe. LArge Stadiums, moderate prices, and the best atmosphere in Europe for the bigger leagues.

RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users