14 replies to this topic

Harraby Lad

Harraby Lad

Dir. of Football Operations

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,604 posts
  • Supports:several real football clubs
Red Bull should make it a double header in order to artificially inflate average attendance figures.

http://www.bigapples...rticle_id=29806
Master of Karate and Friendship for everyone.

gears

gears

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts
Sorry harraby, 19,691 is still a larger number than 18,259 :( Attendance jabs just don't work.

hackmeister

hackmeister

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,958 posts
  • Interests:Futbol, linux, hunting, drinking beer
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

Sorry harraby, 19,691 is still a larger number than 18,259 :( Attendance jabs just don't work.

:) And RBA is STILL a nicer stadium than PPL Park.

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,248 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos

Yeah, but 78.1% of capacity is a smaller number than 98.7% of capacity. Chris Heck would kill for legitimate stadium capacity %'s at near 100%. Instead all he has is a bullshit inflated figure he manufactured to convince people he is awesome and justify his ticketing policies that are a direct detrement to this team's fans.

RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

GMoney

GMoney

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,914 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Yeah, but 78.1% of capacity is a smaller number than 98.7% of capacity. Chris Heck would kill for legitimate stadium capacity %'s at near 100%. Instead all he has is a bullshit inflated figure he manufactured to convince people he is awesome and justify his ticketing policies that are a direct detrement to this team's fans.

That is 100% true.

Also, factor this in. Imagine MLS launched without a NY team. We had to wait 14 years to finally get a team while the league grew in popularity. I'd estimate we'd draw 35,000 a game the 1st couple of years, just out of anticipation.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Frog

Frog

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Supports:Metro
And one day when we do get a real team, perhaps there will be some positive anticipation again.

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,290 posts
  • Supports:Amurican Soccer, Arsenal

And one day when we do get a real team, perhaps there will be some positive anticipation again.

haha, I love these guys with old accounts who still lurk around just to take occasional potshots.

No one likes Heck's bullshit attendance math, but I'm certain that any ownership would have the same issues in this market.

sabremike

sabremike

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

But don't forget that a large portion of that 19,691 were people forced to buy tickets to games they didn't even bother to show up for to get All Star tixs. And the fact that Philly gets 18,259 people a game to an area that is a blighted warzone (saw an article recently where a Chester government official was shot at a gas station) is actually impressive.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

zensum

zensum

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull New York

Yet there's been an effort to get what some would call a "real" team in the market since 2007. Been supported by the league as a top priority. Got a fan club and even for the last two years a classy sounding fake name. F.cosmos spent a bundle on what most would agree was a rather successful marketing campaign. You can even get F.cosmos gear in the sporting goods stores in the metro area.

How's the "positive anticipation" for NY2/F.cosmos building?

It hasn't created even a ripple in the sports scene here. Two separate internet petitions supporting first NY2 then F.cosmos as NY2 both abandoned when they failed to produce significant numbers. First "Cosmos" match in nearly 30 years against manu no less completely ignored. How many active members in that fan club? How's that gear moving in the stores?

With the number of teams and reluctance of the media to cover "minor" sports one of the toughest markets in the country to crack and no Babe Ruth/Pele this time around. It's everyone's choice whether to support RBNY or not but there's precious little evidence that the metro area is a ready to explode soccer market just waiting for that "real" team.

simont

simont

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls USMNT Tottenham Hotspur
why Should the Red Bulls do a double header when we donít play on June 9th that is an off date? O and you will never see NY play in MetLife stadium I remember RB saying just before RBA opened that no RB games will ever be played at the NEW GS. That all games will be played at RBA. o and ppl park sucks dose not even come close to RBA. PPL Park looks like a bush league stadium.

gears

gears

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

This is true. But I don't think the attendance situation in Chester is so much more superior than ours that Union fans can take good shots at our attendance. If it's still better after 5-15 more years of mediocrity, then they can brag.

nyrmetros

nyrmetros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,833 posts
  • Supports:Metros, USMNT, NUFC, Rangers
I am def not going to the Brazil vs Argie game.

BlancDaBody

BlancDaBody

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Coventry City, USMNT

This is true. But I don't think the attendance situation in Chester is so much more superior than ours that Union fans can take good shots at our attendance. If it's still better after 5-15 more years of mediocrity, then they can brag.

Exactly. We'll see how those attendance numbers are looking for the Union after what they did to LeToux. If they finish this coming season in the cellar (serious possibility), I'd love to see how many of those 18k seats are filled come 2013. Bashing RBNY by attempting to pump a new team's attendance #'s is just plain stupid. The honeymoon has already ended, so don't go counting your chickens before they hatch.
"I'm Thierry Henry, BITCH!"
"I'M STRONG!" - Thierry Henry

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,753 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Exactly. We'll see how those attendance numbers are looking for the Union after what they did to LeToux. If they finish this coming season in the cellar (serious possibility), I'd love to see how many of those 18k seats are filled come 2013. Bashing RBNY by attempting to pump a new team's attendance #'s is just plain stupid. The honeymoon has already ended, so don't go counting your chickens before they hatch.

Exactly. Nick Sack will have them in the same situation as the old MetroStars before you know it. He's already been doing his best to ruin the Bimbos 2012 season as it is.

Loyal supporter of RBNY: 2013 Supporters' Shield Champions

scheets973

scheets973

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 878 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, USMNT, Santos FC
Im going to the brazil v argentina game, my wife is brazilian. But, it's like NYRB are the new jersey nets. Also, the Devils apparently lose money. I don't know what it is that our 14 million people in the state can't file to a game. Granted, half the state is eagles/philly country but it's disconcerting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users