fredo9

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,319 posts
  • Interests:The Beautiful Game & Ugly Tales
  • Supports:GALAXY!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:49 PM

The Desert Diamond Cup preseason tourney in Tucson, AZ is taking place today through next week.
http://www.mlssoccer.com/live/channel1

I'm happy to see Buddle and Magee score in first half.
"That's life." -Bruce Arena

"There's no easy games in The MLS." -Robbie Keane

See You Later, My Friend!

#2 Coveen

Coveen

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Supports:L.A. Galaxy / U.S.M.N.T. / CWSC

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:59 PM

The quick play going forward is nice, Sarvas looks to add a bit of flair, Buddles ball control is refreshing, but the pairing of AJ and Meyer isn't looking to solid. Horrible give-aways and no aerial presence at all.

#3 fredo9

fredo9

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,319 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:08 PM

Looks like Cardozo in for Cristman. Juninho in. Let's keep a clean sheet in second half.

Go G's!

#4 S.Bones

S.Bones

Dir. of Football Operations

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,713 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, USMNT, Foggia

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:09 PM

I tried watching, but every time the camera panned it made me sea sick.

I dunno, was it like this for everyone, or is my connection just too slow?

#5 Coveen

Coveen

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Supports:L.A. Galaxy / U.S.M.N.T. / CWSC

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:17 PM

I tried watching, but every time the camera panned it made me sea sick.

I dunno, was it like this for everyone, or is my connection just too slow?

Similar experience. All the angles were pretty bad.

#6 fredo9

fredo9

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,319 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:39 PM

It was tough to watch and therefore really hard to gauge what was going on. I did gather that I will be waiting even longer for Cardozo's game to finally arrive. And, Bruce really is tinkering... Keat at RB?

#7 LOBO 13

LOBO 13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Interests:Stuff
  • Supports:Creepers In Cardigans Soccer Club

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:55 AM

Match Report From Yesterday.

It's no secret that the opposition is going to test the aerial ability of the defense with Omar out. I'm not going to draw any conclusions at this point, but it does seem that with each pre-season match we hear or read about the central defense being exposed.

There is time for Meyer to improve of course and perhaps Bruce has a backup plan. Or maybe this will be first season of Bruce imploring a "Run and Out Gun" the opponent strategy...

If you're not creepin', you're not trying...

#8 Catamount

Catamount

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,634 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:53 AM

Match Report From Yesterday.

It's no secret that the opposition is going to test the aerial ability of the defense with Omar out. I'm not going to draw any conclusions at this point, but it does seem that with each pre-season match we hear or read about the central defense being exposed.

There is time for Meyer to improve of course and perhaps Bruce has a backup plan. Or maybe this will be first season of Bruce imploring a "Run and Out Gun" the opponent strategy...

I can almost guarantee that Bruce will not attempt a "Run and Out Gun" approach. He will simply commit more players to defensive roles and look to develop combinations of players to deal with various defensive problems he sees. Omar and AJ works as a pairing because Omar covers for AJ in the air and AJ covers for Omar against quick combinations and 1 v 1 situations in the middle. They have played together for so long they have become instinctive in their responses to situations.

Boyens, Meyers,or Leonardo are the options available at the moment. I think he hopes that Boyens or Meyers can fill in until Leonardo is healthy. I am not convinced that Leo will be the answer. There is also the possibility that Bruce will choose to use Boyens and Meyers together (veteran/rookie) pairing and move AJ to right back. That would push Franklin forward. Any way you slice it the loss of Omar takes away a lot of the things that made LA so good last year (high line, patience, low goals against, big goal differential, ability of players to go forward, etc.). We may find ourselves watching the G's play 9-men-behind-the-ball-prevent-service-into-the-box-at-all-costs soccer. Bruce may simply count on the quality through the middle and up top (Buddle, Keane, LD, Beckham) to create a goal a game. Rewind to Sigi-ball of the early 2000's.

Much more likely than "Run and Out Gun". :pint:

I would not be surprised if Barrett and/or Cristmann (hopefully not McBean) are being shopped around in exchange for defensive help. The return of Tyrone Marshall anyone? :unsure:

#9 LOBO 13

LOBO 13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:03 PM

I can almost guarantee that Bruce will not attempt a "Run and Out Gun" approach.

I'm sure you know that I'm well aware of this. I was just alluding to prior posts from some others...

Yes, if we all thought the G's "bunkered" last year... I'm sure the complaints will increase ten-fold this year if no changes are made.

Leo is not the answer. I don't care what the coaching staff sees in him.

For the first time in a long time, the G's are stacked at the forward position. Cristman doesn't offer much in the way of a trade, but there might be a few takers out there for Chad. Too bad he's injured right now...

#10 Zero Cool

Zero Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,897 posts
  • Interests:Football
  • Supports:Google+

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:10 PM

... but there might be a few takers out there for Chad. Too bad he's injured right now...

Per Mr. Baretta's Twitter

Good to be back playing with the @LAGalaxy. The guys r treating me like Mr. Glass but I'm ok with that for now ha

Zero Cool winner of the 2012 ALMOST Goal of the Year
Isaac: So when I told you guys we were on it, I meant to say we're on the motherfucker, go back in there and relax...

#11 Cristobal Guillermo

Cristobal Guillermo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,769 posts
  • Supports:GaLAxy, USWNT, Reign, Tacoma Stars

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:02 PM

Any way you slice it the loss of Omar takes away a lot of the things that made LA so good last year (high line, patience, low goals against, big goal differential, ability of players to go forward, etc.). We may find ourselves watching the G's play 9-men-behind-the-ball-prevent-service-into-the-box-at-all-costs soccer. Bruce may simply count on the quality through the middle and up top (Buddle, Keane, LD, Beckham) to create a goal a game. Rewind to Sigi-ball of the early 2000's.

Yep; Gonzalez developed into a monster in the best possible sense of the word. While you can't just replace such a player, I'm truly puzzled why Bruce hasn't been more active in looking for an adequate fill-in.

I would not be surprised if Barrett and/or Cristmann (hopefully not McBean) are being shopped around in exchange for defensive help. The return of Tyrone Marshall anyone? :unsure:

Barrett and Cristman are both pretty sizable guys for soccer players; maybe they could be Albrightized into defenders?

Proud "been a fan since '96" douchenozzle

Cogito me cogitare, ergo cogito me esse. Et futuito istam pullam!

http://www.nybooks.c.../15/our-moloch/

#12 LOBO 13

LOBO 13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:18 PM

Per Mr. Baretta's Twitter

Trade bait!

#13 We Own You

We Own You

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 840 posts
  • Supports:LA GALAXY

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:36 PM

Barrett and Cristman are both pretty sizable guys for soccer players; maybe they could be Albrightized into defenders?

.... Well they did seem to be better at standing in the way than actually scoring goals.

I move for this option.

#14 fredo9

fredo9

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,319 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:16 PM

Missed first half. G's 0 - 0 RSL in 52 min. McBean in.

Edit: RSL down to 9 men in 76th. Still scoreless.

#15 fredo9

fredo9

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,319 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:45 PM

Gooooaaalll Paolo!

Thanks Rimando for the slippery fingers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users