• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
  • Interests:Liberating small towns from anti-dancing legislation.
  • Supports:An ever expanding stomach

There will be a little bit of France on the banks of the Passaic River this summer when the French Super Cup, officially the Trophée des Champions, comes to Red Bull Arena in Harrison, N.J.

It will be the fourth consecutive year that the match between the champion of Ligue 1, France’s top division, and the winner of the French Cup will be played outside France. The game was played in Morocco last year, in Tunisia in 2010 and in Montreal in 2009.

http://goal.blogs.ny...red-bull-arena/
  • What's stucco?

• What happens when you step in bubblegummo.

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,275 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos

http://goal.blogs.ny...red-bull-arena/

Cool, I would go watch that. Behind the Bundesliga, Le Championnat is my favorite european league and of course home to the only club abroad I support, Les Girondins!!!

RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

Calpico

Calpico

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,377 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Fulham, April 25 Sports Club
I AM FUCKING THERE!!!
"There are no time-out's in soccer? ... Really?" - Coach John McGuirk

http://calpicotime.tumblr.com/

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
  • Interests:Liberating small towns from anti-dancing legislation.
  • Supports:An ever expanding stomach
overlaps with Montreal...
  • What's stucco?

• What happens when you step in bubblegummo.

MetroPolishFirm

MetroPolishFirm

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • Supports:METRO, RAKÓW Częstochowa
So is marsilie playing ?

vonlages

vonlages

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 427 posts
  • Supports:WerderBremen RedBulls
have to say - its a real competative game for the teams (silverware). Quality too. Better than an internation friendly...

i'll likely go
"They're more fun to agitate than Philly fans, and that's saying alot, because those fools are like human cartoons." - Faux Fur & Soccer Shirts

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,507 posts
  • Supports:1pct Derby

So is marsilie playing ?

Winner of League and Domestic Cup I believe, so it hasn't been decided yet.

This does overlap with one of the Montreal games... if I'm not in Montreal, I plan to be there. Sounds like a quality game. The type of international game Red Bull Arena should be home to.
"If they asked me to go back to the academy and coach the U-14s (I would have). I care about this club. It was never false, it always rings true.’" - Red Bull New York Head Coach Michael Petke

RiverEnergyDrink

RiverEnergyDrink

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 793 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, C.A.R.P., NYR
im actually pretty pumped for this. first time id be able to see an actual competitive game with european teams rather than those friendlies we get all the time.

metros11

metros11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,301 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Same as the italian super cup we got in the meadowlands a few years back.

"What better way for DC United fans to drown their sorrows than with this new beer called 'The Tradition'.  A relic name of a bygone era where DCU was relevant." - VfLKirwan

simont

simont

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls USMNT Tottenham Hotspur
I am going to this game dont get me wong i am a big RB fan but i can watch RB games any time i want its not often i can go to a competative game with 2 from Europe in it.

Metro4LIFE

Metro4LIFE

Electron Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • Interests:Metro, Graffiti, Art, Hookers
  • Supports:Metro
THis is an exapmle of a quality international match at RBA, regardless of who plays. We need more of these and less of the Man U vs whomever that ends up being a glorified practice.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,507 posts

THis is an exapmle of a quality international match at RBA, regardless of who plays. We need more of these and less of the Man U vs whomever that ends up being a glorified practice.

Agree.

Also, I like that they have hosted the Big East Tournament. If you are going to have other events at the Arena, at least make sure they competitive as opposed to friendlies.

As to Simon's comment, RBNY play Montreal the same weekend. I'd much prefer to go to Montreal for the game than the French Super Cup matchup. But if nothing was going on, this game would intrigue me.
"If they asked me to go back to the academy and coach the U-14s (I would have). I care about this club. It was never false, it always rings true.’" - Red Bull New York Head Coach Michael Petke

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,275 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos

Agree.

Also, I like that they have hosted the Big East Tournament. If you are going to have other events at the Arena, at least make sure they competitive as opposed to friendlies.

As to Simon's comment, RBNY play Montreal the same weekend. I'd much prefer to go to Montreal for the game than the French Super Cup matchup. But if nothing was going on, this game would intrigue me.

We play Montreal away twice in 2012. The big trip is the one in May correct? This game conflicts with the later away game,right? I didn't see the date pf the French game.

RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,507 posts
For some reason, I think the big Montreal trip may be the second one. Still haven't heard the mothership give a firm date yet.

GMoney

GMoney

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,917 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Cool, I would go watch that. Behind the Bundesliga, Le Championnat is my favorite european league and of course home to the only club abroad I support, Les Girondins!!!

I thought you supported Juve?

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users