375 replies to this topic

Rooney22

Rooney22

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts
  • Supports:The Mighty Fucking Metro

I haven't seen much of FC Dallas in preseason but I know they were a very strong side in 2011 than sort of broke down at the end of the year with fatigue. This was without Ferriera as well. They are a team that attacks with pace and transitions well. They are generally very solid at keeper with Hartman and athletic in defense.

A very strong side that we beat twice last year at their place and haven't lost to since 09. Why shouldn't we be confident?

Chic Charnley

Chic Charnley

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,410 posts
  • Interests:football, soccer, futball....etc
  • Supports:NYRB & PTFC
Big concern playing a rookie in goal. An even bigger concern with him playing behind a new centerback pairing with a pair of fullbacks that can get beat.

Add in a central midfield tandem that lacks offensive punch and we have a recipe for the return of last years underwhelming performances.

However, Dallas has their own problems with injuries and an under performing late 2011 season. Their new forward, Blaz Perez seems to be getting positive press though.

Can see this being a ugly bore draw (sorry NBC), but I can't help feeling Cooper will tap one in from 20 yards.

Predication:

Dallas 0:1 NYRB (the home crowd would be booing, but can't be heard for the 5000 vuvuzelas)

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Big concern playing a rookie in goal. An even bigger concern with him playing behind a new centerback pairing with a pair of fullbacks that can get beat.

Add in a central midfield tandem that lacks offensive punch and we have a recipe for the return of last years underwhelming performances.

However, Dallas has their own problems with injuries and an under performing late 2011 season. Their new forward, Blaz Perez seems to be getting positive press though.

Can see this being an ugly bore draw (sorry NBC), but I can't help feeling Cooper will tap one in from 20 yards.

Predication:

Dallas 0:1 NYRB (the home crowd would be booing, but can't be heard for the 5000 vuvuzelas)

So, are you taking the over or under on this one? :lol:

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,799 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU
Friend just texted that he sees a couple RedBulls going through Newark airport security... doesn't know them well enough to say who... 2 DAYS!!!!

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Hutskizzle

Hutskizzle

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,765 posts

Friend just texted that he sees a couple RedBulls going through Newark airport security... doesn't know them well enough to say who... 2 DAYS!!!!

why are you friends with him/her then?

Mike
Petke
Fever
Catch It.

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
Jan Gunnar Solli ‏

Just landed in Dallas. Season Kick-Off on Sun. My hamstring was struggling but now everything is good and ready to run!

FC Red Bulls

FC Red Bulls

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

Jan Gunnar Solli ‏

Just landed in Dallas. Season Kick-Off on Sun. My hamstring was struggling but now everything is good and ready to run!

I hope he doesn't pull it during the match.

I'd like to see this formation one of these day:

---------------Cooper--------------

Lindpere------Henry-----Richards

--------Tainio-------Solli---------

Miller----Conde--Holgersson--Lade

----------------Meara---------------

Move Solli up and get Dax out of there.

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts

I hope he doesn't pull it during the match.

I'd like to see this formation one of these day:

---------------Cooper--------------

Lindpere------Henry-----Richards

--------Tainio-------Solli---------

Miller----Conde--Holgersson--Lade

----------------Meara---------------

Move Solli up and get Dax out of there.

We'd all like to see a formation without Marquez.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,799 posts

why are you friends with him/her then?

Very fair point and something to evaluate.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO
why do people insist on having cooper up top? his game is not to play that way, he's best running at defenders, not playing back to goal. watch him this season, he is NOT a #9.

at best he is a #11, withdrawn, running on the flank, cutting in to pass or to shoot.

just because we place our lineups here on MF with Cooper up top ahead of everyone else in the formation, doesn't mean that he can do the job.

I get it, he's a tall motherfucking guy, still not his game and how HE likes to play.

no matter how much some people (myself included when he first played in MLS) envisioned where they thought he SHOULD play, the reality of the situation is that his best fit is NOT up top.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

We'd all like to see a formation without Marquez.

He's suspended

why do people insist on having cooper up top? his game is not to play that way, he's best running at defenders, not playing back to goal. watch him this season, he is NOT a #9.

at best he is a #11, withdrawn, running on the flank, cutting in to pass or to shoot.

just because we place our lineups here on MF with Cooper up top ahead of everyone else in the formation, doesn't mean that he can do the job.

I get it, he's a tall motherfucking guy, still not his game and how HE likes to play.

no matter how much some people (myself included when he first played in MLS) envisioned where they thought he SHOULD play, the reality of the situation is that his best fit is NOT up top.

Everybody, including Backe and Soler, knows this. Who would you rather have up there while Luke is gone? Just because he's highest up the field doesn't mean that everyone expects him to play the traditional target striker role.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,799 posts
Posted Image

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Everybody, including Backe and Soler, knows this.

Except the fans that make dream lineups with cooper up top by his lonesome.

Who would you rather have up there while Luke is gone? Just because he's highest up the field doesn't mean that everyone expects him to play the traditional target striker role.

provided he doesn't play as if the field was one huge slip n' slide.

Posted Image

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts

He's suspended

whoops. didn't realize it was the game thread.

Rufulk

Rufulk

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts
  • Supports:RBNY
http://espn.go.com/b...r-season-opener

gd I'm excited. Good for Dallas.

I kinda expected there to only be about twelve people and an old dog in the stadium.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users