• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

blurroske

blurroske

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Who knows the most current revenue of NYRB?

http://www.stadiumzone.weebly.com

has all soccer clubs revenues above 10 million euros, we seem to have a revenue of 37 million euros. Not
bad at all, but is it the most current figure? Henry, Marquez and Red Bull seem to have a good influence
on revenue. Seattle Sounders FC are the team with the highest MLS revenue with 50 million, followed
by NYRB and LA Galaxy. Not a big surprise though, with their average attendance of 38,000. Of course
revenue is more than ticket sales, but it helps a lot. Are there MLS teams with big doubt?

Metro4LIFE

Metro4LIFE

Electron Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,421 posts
  • Interests:Metro, Graffiti, Art, Hookers
  • Supports:Metro
LA and NY will always dominate the revenue because they will always be able to charge more for everything including tickets, sponsors, food, ads, etc. While operating cost are pretty much even because the MLS cap and most stadium employees are paid close to minimum wage anywaysSo Im not surprised were at the top of the MLS in revenue. Seattle has done a wonderful job and their extra 20K tickets at every game does make a huge different. Basically they can pretty much double the revenue per game on just about every MLS team. That also means more selling of concessions, parking, and merch.

Soy Del Metrooooo, Del Metro soy yoooooooo!

FootballClubMaps.com :: High Quality Football Posters from around the globe. Get yours today!

scheets973

scheets973

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, USMNT, Santos FC
Is this accurate??? Some of the teams i See in Brazil (Cruzero, Gremio) are not popular. Flamengo, SPFC make sense. The sounders should build their own stadium with the revenue they make! That's impressive.

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT
Trying to figure out revenues for MLS teams is pretty difficult, given MLS' single entity structure. Some revenues which are generated by the teams don't go directly to the teams, but instead go to the league. I think this is how jersey sales work. So although RBNY has sold a ton of Henry jerseys, I'm not sure that they have benefitted directly from this revenue.

Also, RBNY doesn't make revenue from a shirt sponsor or from a stadium-naming deal. But RBNY's parent company does derive a benefit from having it's logo on the team's shirts and having it's name on the team's stadium, so how do you factor that into any assessment of RBNY's revenues?

Father Ted

Father Ted

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts
I think they're pulling those numbers out of the air. 37million euros=$48million. Let's say 20 home games with average 20K in attendance and an average ticket price of $40. That's just $16million. Where's the rest coming from?

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I think they're pulling those numbers out of the air. 37million euros=$48million. Let's say 20 home games with average 20K in attendance and an average ticket price of $40. That's just $16million. Where's the rest coming from?

Tv, merchandiise, concessions, sponsorships

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Rooney22

Rooney22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts
  • Supports:The Mighty Fucking Metro

Tv, merchandiise, concessions, sponsorships

Emirates Cup apperance fee :ph34r:

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
The number of Brazillian teams so high on that list was telling to me. Moon years ahead of MLS, Mexican League, and Argentina.

No surprise that there are so few Brazillians in MLS compared with that of Colombia or even Argentina.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

mcsjwu

mcsjwu

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
I really doubt these figures are accurate. 1) There's no references where the figures were derived from and 2) Would clubs really share their revenue numbers?...doubtful.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Where's the rest coming from?

MERCHANDISING, MERCHANDISING, MERCHANDISING!!!

Posted Image

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Metro4LIFE

Metro4LIFE

Electron Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,421 posts
  • Interests:Metro, Graffiti, Art, Hookers

MERCHANDISING, MERCHANDISING, MERCHANDISING!!!

Posted Image

Im still waiting for "Spaceballs 2: The Quest for More Money". I thought he was serious when he said that.

Back on topic. You cant just avg out ticket sales and assume that all they make. Because you also have Corporate Boxes that bring in a few thousand per game on their own. Plus most people spend more money on food & drinks than they do on the ticket. And even though there is SOME revenue sharing they do benefit greatly when they sell more jerseys. Theres also sponsorship rights and TV.

Soy Del Metrooooo, Del Metro soy yoooooooo!

FootballClubMaps.com :: High Quality Football Posters from around the globe. Get yours today!

Grimnitz

Grimnitz

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hertha BSC, FC Harlem
also in stadium ad space, merch, theres a lot of revenue streams around a sports team.
"What do I have to do to get you into my van?"~Konrad

“Sellouts are extremely important to us for what we're trying to start here.”-Chris Heck
http://www.facebook.com/VikingArmySC

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Back on topic. You cant just avg out ticket sales and assume that all they make. Because you also have Corporate Boxes that bring in a few thousand per game on their own. Plus most people spend more money on food & drinks than they do on the ticket. And even though there is SOME revenue sharing they do benefit greatly when they sell more jerseys. Theres also sponsorship rights and TV.

I believe the revenue-sharing for jersey sales only counts for jerseys sold through mlsgear.com or through retailers like Dick's Sporting Goods. RBNY keeps all the revenue if the jerseys are sold through the Bull Shop or through their online website redbullshopusa.com

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

http://www.stadiumzone.weebly.com

I also wonder, what is the source of these numbers? :unsure:

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Amerisnob

Amerisnob

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Supports:Cosmos, Metro, PAOK
I'm calling 100% shenanigans on that list, since has Orlando City making 10 million euros.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users