• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
  • Interests:Liberating small towns from anti-dancing legislation.
  • Supports:An ever expanding stomach

Agudelo has struggled to find his place in the Red Bulls lineup despite scoring six goals and two assists in 2011, his second season in the league.

"It's frustrating to see my teammates playing a lot," Agudelo said. "But the national team drives me, so I just try to be as professional as I can and make the most of my opportunities."

http://www.usatoday....ment/53389876/1
  • What's stucco?

• What happens when you step in bubblegummo.

EstonianAssassin

EstonianAssassin

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Tottenham
Maybe if he didn't fall all over himself everytime he got in the box or get trapped in the corner, or being nonexistent for long stretches of time, he might be considered to be "making the most of his time"

But everyone here blames Backe for that.

That quote is basically NewSpeak for "these assholes won't play me, so I'm going to say I care more about the national team."

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,770 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Maybe if he didn't fall all over himself everytime he got in the box or get trapped in the corner, or being nonexistent for long stretches of time, he might be considered to be "making the most of his time"

That quote is basically NewSpeak for "these assholes won't play me, so I'm going to say I care more about the national team."

Agudelo has had lots of chances to play for the Red Bulls, but he chooses to run directly at defenders, slip and fall a lot, and play selfishly. RBNY isn't running a charity. You have to earn your place on the pitch. Right now, RBNY has better options than Agudelo.

Loyal supporter of RBNY: 2013 Supporters' Shield Champions

iced1776

iced1776

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,916 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Its so frustrating to listen to people who only watch his highlights cry and whine about his lack of playing time. Anyone who objectively watched his entire season last year will tell you that he's still extremely rough around the edges. I'm worried about his attitude, instead of suggesting that he needs to put his head down and train harder all he does is talk about how much better he likes being with the national team as if pity is going to win him a spot in our lineup.

gears

gears

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Everyone everywhere seems to be blaming Backe for that. Garber even hinted at it in his recent interview with ESPN . Really weird.

ESPN: But a guy like Agudelo is having a hard time getting on the field in New York, even though he's still contributing to the national team.

DG: That may not be related to the roster. That may be related to the coach's view of Juan's ability to contribute to the club, and so many other things.

Rooney22

Rooney22

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,455 posts
  • Supports:The Mighty Fucking Metro
Pipe down youngen. Talk about foot in mouth. For fucks sake Agedulo had a string of 5/6 games where Luke was out to start and show what he was worth, but he didn't show anything. Talk about entitlement the kid thinks he should be handed playing time. Playing time must be earned. His best role is on the bench, where he can come on as a super sub from the 65th min on. He did deserve more playing time down the stretch last year, but maybe Backe benched him because of his poor attitude.

iced1776

iced1776

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,916 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona
Its funny because Backe was talking early last season about how he was worried about all the ads that Juan was doing because he might let the hype get to his head, and here we are...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users