egiaco88

egiaco88

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, AS Roma
http://espn.go.com/s...n-jeff-carlisle

Talks about SGs and their role in MLS, the introduction of NY2, among other points
SOY DEL METROOOOOO!

Bull's Eye View at EoS

@EricRBNY

MetroTard

MetroTard

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,209 posts
  • Supports:Eric D
Great interview. No more softballs for Garber.

C.O.Jones

C.O.Jones

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 996 posts
  • Supports:CF Cadiz
"Fans can sit at the opposite end of the stadium and look at what is taking place over there, and feel that they are part of something very special without having to bang a drum, wave a flag, paint their face, and stand on their seat all game long".

So according to garber, we CAN STAND on our seats :cheers:
but I'm 200+lbs and those seats at NYRB are flimsy--but for those that are svelter than myself....knock yourselves out!

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,740 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

http://espn.go.com/s...n-jeff-carlisle
Talks about SGs and their role in MLS
"ESPN: ... there were some incidents last year -- I'm thinking of one in New England -- where stadium security came down hard on fans who were using what was deemed foul language.
DG: ... I don't believe, as commissioner of this league, that any fan, regardless of what section they're sitting in, should be subjected to others who are using foul language. If there are organized chants using foul language in the NFL or the NBA, stadium operations folks [will] deal with that. We're going to deal with that in MLS as well. ... there are just certain standards of good taste and civility that we're going to expect and, in many ways, demand from all fans. I don't think that's in conflict at all with being a passionate supporter."

More bullshit. He ignores the fact that the thug-like Foxboro security invaded The Fort and caused more problems, than they were allegedly trying to solve.
Perhaps it's about time that he man up & acknowledge that there are better ways to handle verbal situations, than to manhandle people. "Stadium operations folks". my ass!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users