27 replies to this topic

JayJeeMoNee

JayJeeMoNee

"JonnyG"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,505 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Everton, Barca
BREAKING NEWS: Giuseppe Rossi thinks RBNY will win MLS Cup! (51 min. mark) :ph34r:

Follow me and my RBNY fandom on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/JayJeeMoNee

"Forget returning to the Metrostars; we should be called FC Revolving Door and be done with it." - Voice of Reason II

"The plus side of watching this team for so long is that nothing remotely surprises me anymore. Henry could have taken his shorts off and cocksmacked someone to earn a red, and all I would have said is "That's so Metro." - Regulator

"In between soccer games this weekend, I played 36 holes of golf with my dad. Playing golf, I realized, is a bit like watching the Red Bulls play. Both can have the tendency to feel like self-inflicted torture. You wonder why you do it at all. But when it’s over, you can’t wait to do it again. To New England we go, then." - Andrew Keh

"In the Church they say that suffering is good for the soul. I like to view my love for this team as being a spiritual exercise." - Steve B2

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,626 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

BREAKING NEWS: Giuseppe Rossi = minchia e filo de putana

fixed

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

I don't care about NYCFC or the Cosmos.  I only care about Metro.  So MOTHERFUCK those two teams.

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,770 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

BREAKING NEWS: Giuseppe Rossi thinks RBNY will win MLS Cup! (51 min. mark) :ph34r:

That's nice, but I bet Rossi thought Italy were going to win the Confederations Cup too. (Traitor!)

Loyal supporter of RBNY: 2013 Supporters' Shield Champions

MikeV

MikeV

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,488 posts
  • Supports:Metros

That's nice, but I bet Rossi thought Italy were going to win the Confederations Cup too. (Traitor!)

He definitely thought he would make the 2010 world cup roster...

hackmeister

hackmeister

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,968 posts
  • Interests:Futbol, linux, hunting, drinking beer
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls
Fuck him! I hope he never sets foot in MLS or in Red Bull Arena.

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,048 posts
  • Supports:Los Red Bull de Nueva York
The USA/NJ traitor is not welcome at Red Bull Arena.
O Wind,
If Winter comes, can Spring be far behind?

hackmeister

hackmeister

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,968 posts
  • Interests:Futbol, linux, hunting, drinking beer
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

The USA/NJ traitor is not welcome at Red Bull Arena.

I have a vision of him playing for an Italian team in a friendly vs NYRB. The crowd boos, whistles and flips him the bird the entire game. His family and friends don't like the treatment from the crowd and wind up getting into some ugly altercations.

MetroSquard

MetroSquard

ain't nuttin to fcuk wit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,844 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, USA

BREAKING NEWS: Giuseppe Rossi is a Guido from Clifton

FYP

Rooney22

Rooney22

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,455 posts
  • Supports:The Mighty Fucking Metro
Judassss!!! Judasss!!! Judasss!!!

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,791 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
Jeez! Chill out!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

LeftCoastMetro

LeftCoastMetro

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, Juve
Giuseppe is a nice guy and a great soccer player who's represented New Jersey soccer formidably well to the World. I wish him all the best. He is also getting to be hugely popular in Italy, Prandelli likes him a lot, and it's even money that he and Crazy Mario will retire with a World Cup trophy under their belts. He hasn't said a bad word about his native country or about the Metro soccer scene and deserves better than the crap he's getting.

The US will produce other great players - in fact it already is - and it will also keep on importing plenty of talent from abroad and we'll be thinking of Timmy Chandler and Co. as a True American Sporting Hero in no time. We can't logically do that and still gripe about Giuseppe's personal decision without exposing ourselves as massive hypocrites.

Go USA!!! and, Forza Azzurri!!! Giuseppe sei un grande!!

MikeV

MikeV

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,488 posts
  • Supports:Metros

He hasn't said a bad word about his native country or about the Metro soccer scene and deserves better than the crap he's getting.

Actions speak louder than words. The fact that he chose the more glamorous nation over the county of his birth is much worse than if he said something bad.

and it will also keep on importing plenty of talent from abroad and we'll be thinking of Timmy Chandler and Co. as a True American Sporting Hero in no time. We can't logically do that and still gripe about Giuseppe's personal decision without exposing ourselves as massive hypocrites.

When does logic enter into being a sports fan? If any of us were logical we would have stopped watching this team long ago.

As a sports fan of course I'm going to like a player who chooses to play for my team and dislike someone who chooses not to play for my team. It's technically hypocritical, but its standard in sports. I cheer for Rafa Marquez on Saturdays, god knows I never expected that in the summer of 2002.

My biggest complaint about Rossi is he gets the best of both worlds. He gets to play for one of the best national teams in the world but in addition he gets credit and attention as an American player. He chose to be Italian and so in my eyes he is. I shouldn't have to hear about him on American soccer news constantly or he how we should be proud because he is from Jersey. He's chosen to be Italian, good for him, but now he can fuck off.

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,048 posts
  • Supports:Los Red Bull de Nueva York
Comparing Rossi to Chandler is ridiculous. Rossi is a superstar that could, in theory, help us advance significantly in the WC. Chandler is a decent player, but certainly not anything special.
O Wind,
If Winter comes, can Spring be far behind?

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,770 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

I shouldn't have to hear about him on American soccer news constantly or he how we should be proud because he is from Jersey. He's chose to be Italian, good for him, but now he can fuck off.

This.

Loyal supporter of RBNY: 2013 Supporters' Shield Champions

LeftCoastMetro

LeftCoastMetro

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, Juve

Comparing Rossi to Chandler is ridiculous. Rossi is a superstar that could, in theory, help us advance significantly in the WC. Chandler is a decent player, but certainly not anything special.

I'll give you that Rossi is way better than Chandler, but that's somewhat irrelevant to my point. If you think the US is in the loss column in terms of quality exported quality imported, you're not paying attention.

And he hasn't chosen to be exclusively Italian, he's chosen to be an Italian national team player. He's got dual nationality, like probably a few million other Americans. He's still American. Why am I interested in Michael Bradley's soccer games? Because he's American. Why don't I complain about journalists and posters discussing countless other Americans playing overseas even though, unlike Bradley, most are not in the USNT? Because they're still American soccer players, and that's interesting to me and plenty of other people.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users