LOBO 13

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Interests:Stuff
  • Supports:Creepers In Cardigans Soccer Club

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:05 PM

The team didnt go out to retaliate. They also forgot to finish the game, but thats another story...

No, that is the story. I wouldn't expect retaliation. However, I do expect the team to be able to finish off the game though.

El Salvador took a couple cheap shots and the team lost some composure. Again, there was lack leadership on the field. No midfield general and certainly nobody controlling the back line.

Porter's inexperience is a big factor here, but the guys on the field have go out there and handle business.

Perhaps this is part of the growing pains of transitioning into a new philosophy and style of play, but I didn't see anyone on that roster who is ready to challenge for a spot on the Senior team.

If you're not creepin', you're not trying...

#77 Slug

Slug

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,669 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles Galaxy, U.S.A.

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:08 PM

I like the progression of tweets from the G's about this game: 1.) Mikey Stephens come in witht the US leading 3 - 2. Next tweet, US is out of Olympic qualifying. Hilarious. The US keeper should be kicked in the balls several times as punishment. A mistake by the US is what cost them the game and that's that. Sigi Sigi Sigi Oy Oy Oy!

Let's Eat!

#78 RobertTheBruce

RobertTheBruce

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,432 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy dickheads! Arsenal

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:52 PM

"Im glad we lost, now when we lose in the future the team and the fans will be expecting it."

On the other hand, Portugal was supposed to win a Cup or two with Figo & Co. Look how that turned out. Maybe there's still hope, Obi Won.

#79 31Charlie

31Charlie

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • Supports:L.A. Galaxy

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:15 PM

On the other hand, Portugal was supposed to win a Cup or two with Figo & Co. Look how that turned out. Maybe there's still hope, Obi Won.

I guess now I know how Algerians felt back in 2010.

#80 projectx

projectx

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles Galaxy

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:19 PM

My opinion, the US should not have been in a make or break game vs El Salvador. They should have beat Canada.

Even with Sean Johnson messing up on the 3rd goal, WTF was the entire back line doing on the second? Just waiting for a live ball to go out of bounds?

I was watching on the CONCACAF site, the announcer REPEATEDLY said: "The US should now be content playing in the corners"

Did they? Hell no they kept kicking long balls for no apparent reason? Did they think they were playing hockey and were on the penalty kill?

#81 fredo9

fredo9

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts
  • Interests:The Beautiful Game & Ugly Tales
  • Supports:GALAXY!

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:23 AM

Boyd went to the sideline with blood on the front of his shirt late in the game. Diskerud said both he and Adu were bitten and showed reporters marks as proof.

“Part of the game, I guess,” Diskerud said

I guess so...

Link
"That's life." -Bruce Arena

"There's no easy games in The MLS." -Robbie Keane

See You Later, My Friend!

#82 LOBO 13

LOBO 13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Interests:Stuff
  • Supports:Creepers In Cardigans Soccer Club

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:43 AM

Salvadorean vampires?

Seriously though, how one manages to bite another player during a soccer match is beyond strange.

Savages!

If you're not creepin', you're not trying...

#83 Slug

Slug

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,669 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:29 PM

^^ I call one of my coworker's that every day; "savage." She can make a hell of a pupusa though. With all these fouls and whatnot, I'm trying to think of a harsh/daft foul committed by a US player in recent memory. Anyone?

Let's Eat!

#84 stopper

stopper

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,878 posts
  • Interests:Besides soccer? Golf, Asian girls, grilling, swilling good beer, petite syrah
  • Supports:Galaxy, USA. Xolos

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:40 PM

Two come to mind--at the 1995 Copa America, either Lalas or Caligiuri took out Leonardo on the touchline very late as pay back for the Tab Ramos incident. Lovely stuff, but no replay, so I couldn't tell who got him.

Also, Eric Wynalda dropped a Mexican with a vicious elbow in a US Cup game at the Rose Bowl in 1996. Then he played dumb. Excellent.

#85 Slug

Slug

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,669 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:19 PM

Two come to mind--at the 1995 Copa America, either Lalas or Caligiuri took out Leonardo on the touchline very late as pay back for the Tab Ramos incident. Lovely stuff, but no replay, so I couldn't tell who got him.

Also, Eric Wynalda dropped a Mexican with a vicious elbow in a US Cup game at the Rose Bowl in 1996. Then he played dumb. Excellent.

Lovely stuff indeed. I remember screaming at the tv when Tab got murdered with the vicious elbow. Good job Lalas or Caligiuri.
Should my path ever cross Lalas or Cali, I'll ask them about this to confirm.

Let's Eat!

#86 RobertTheBruce

RobertTheBruce

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,432 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy dickheads! Arsenal

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:00 PM

^^ I call one of my coworker's that every day; "savage." She can make a hell of a pupusa though. With all these fouls and whatnot, I'm trying to think of a harsh/daft foul committed by a US player in recent memory. Anyone?

Ooooh! Ooooh! I got one.

Timmy Chandler taking out Omar.

Dick.

#87 stopper

stopper

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,878 posts
  • Interests:Besides soccer? Golf, Asian girls, grilling, swilling good beer, petite syrah
  • Supports:Galaxy, USA. Xolos

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:07 AM

Winner.

#88 Slug

Slug

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,669 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:02 AM

Ooooh! Ooooh! I got one.

Timmy Chandler taking out Omar.

Dick.

Hilarious! I just woke up my girlfriend I was laughing so hard.

Let's Eat!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users