152 replies to this topic

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Per @EmpireofSoccer from Soccer by Ives, "According to a pair of team sources, the Red Bulls have sold up to 23,000 seats for their home opener against Colorado on Sunday."

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU
Not sure what "up to" means, but best available in the upper corners are row 18. Looks like most of the available seats are the premiums. About 400 tix on StubHub.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Vinny

Vinny

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, USMNT, LosTicos by Marriage
Praying for rain!
Wasting away on another forum, oh joy!

Metromaniac01

Metromaniac01

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, US Nats, SMF
If it was Saturday I would be there.

Rooney22

Rooney22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts
  • Supports:The Mighty Fucking Metro
How?

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts

How?

Who knows. First game always tends to sell well, but would be funny after all the talk about inability to sell tickets that the game ends up selling well.

Second game is always a much more accurate gauge.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

nyrmetros

nyrmetros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,850 posts
  • Supports:Metros, USMNT, NUFC, Rangers
I hope it rains and no one shows up.

Rufulk

Rufulk

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts
  • Supports:RBNY
Bologna. You can purchase tickets in row 2 of section 231. In fact, if you select a specific section in any of the upper corners, you can pretty much get pick of the litter.

It is very disappointing that the FO is still choosing to provide these inflated numbers. I understand that most teams in these situations do the same thing, but I would much rather hear something to the effect of "our attendance numbers have not been as high as in recent years, and we are taking specific steps to remedy this situation."

MetroTard

MetroTard

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,233 posts
  • Supports:Eric D
Obviously, the tickets are not expensive enough.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts

Bologna. You can purchase tickets in row 2 of section 231. In fact, if you select a specific section in any of the upper corners, you can pretty much get pick of the litter.

It is very disappointing that the FO is still choosing to provide these inflated numbers. I understand that most teams in these situations do the same thing, but I would much rather hear something to the effect of "our attendance numbers have not been as high as in recent years, and we are taking specific steps to remedy this situation."

Maybe 23K is their anticipated # for Sunday. Again, let's wait to hear the #s, before saying they are wrong.

Heck went on record as saying "comp" tickets are down. First time I remember a FO guy doing that with this franchise. Why Heck would even bring it up if it weren't true makes no sense.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

True... not sure how the "Best Available" algorithm works. I put in "best available, yellow" and got 223, row 18. Not sure why 231 row 2 isn't considered better than 223 row 18. When I specify section 223, I still get row 18.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Harraby Lad

Harraby Lad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,606 posts
  • Supports:several real football clubs

Heck went on record as saying "comp" tickets are down.

I'm grateful I got mine then ...
Master of Karate and Friendship for everyone.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts

I'm grateful I got mine then ...

Don't you get your tickets for being a business partner?

Barter isn't comp.

DFjersey

DFjersey

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Supports:Metros

I hope it rains and no one shows up.

Why? Do you want the club to fail because of your spite?

nyrmetros

nyrmetros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,850 posts
  • Supports:Metros, USMNT, NUFC, Rangers

Why? Do you want the club to fail because of your spite?

What spite? The team usually wins when it's raining in front of an empty crowd. The team usually loses on nice days with a large crowd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users