ilikebeet

ilikebeet

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,928 posts
  • Supports:NYC Bars
http://menmedia.co.u..._medium=twitter

Seems like old trafford will have a dedicated 'standing' and singing section. Not quite terraces, but laxer enforcement of the required sitting rule like the SW.

If they start singing in spanish, I'm done.
I shall write my life as if it was a love story. For who is to say it is not? It began with a love of football, and it will end the same.
-Puskas

Stop slobbing Euro nob.
-Matrim55

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,539 posts
  • Supports:1pct Derby
Standing.... what's next...avalanching after goals?
"If they asked me to go back to the academy and coach the U-14s (I would have). I care about this club. It was never false, it always rings true." - Red Bull New York Head Coach Michael Petke

Calpico

Calpico

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,377 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Fulham, April 25 Sports Club

Standing.... what's next...avalanching after goals?

If that happened, I would love Man U. Nothing beats the avalanche. Fuck seats.
"There are no time-out's in soccer? ... Really?" - Coach John McGuirk

http://calpicotime.tumblr.com/

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,827 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Nothing beats the avalanche.

Wouldn't want to be at the front end of it.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,539 posts

Nothing beats the avalanche. Fuck seats.

If we ever played at a stadium without seats and had a few hundred people or more... I pray that we score a goal. Would be a landmark moment for a MLS side to avalanche.
"If they asked me to go back to the academy and coach the U-14s (I would have). I care about this club. It was never false, it always rings true." - Red Bull New York Head Coach Michael Petke

Binks

Binks

Posting From Behind Enemy Lines

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,746 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Fulham, RFC

If we ever played at a stadium without seats and had a few hundred people or more...

/morphine

Pregame pints 15. Ticket to the game 60. Carlsburg, Meatpie and Crisps 16. Seeing an American score on another American at a Premier League match in England; Priceless.
"i just like to be careful right b4 i go on a first date with a chick. too much weird comments on facebook and im dead from the start" - JayDelight

"There's nothing good about my team, my team is shit!" (Harraby Lad to Alexi Lalas about Carlisle United)

And then, just like that, his halitosis and jersey were gone. -Bobby Boswell on Bobbygate

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,539 posts
Avalanche and fence climbing > Drink.Sing.Drink.Sing.Clap.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,827 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Avalanche.

After the goal against Algeria, a couple of USA fans got trampled in the mosh. One left the stadium on a backboard & spent the rest of her trip wearing a neck brace. :ph34r:

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • Supports:METRO

After the goal against Algeria, a couple of USA fans got trampled in the mosh. One left the stadium on a backboard & spent the rest of her trip wearing a neck brace. :ph34r:

Rookies :blink:
Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

--A.C.A.B.--

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,539 posts

No one said avalanching or moshing is for "fans". The problem is too many "fans" want to be near the action without actually fully participating in it.

goddam

goddam

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts

No one said avalanching or moshing is for "fans". The problem is too many "fans" want to be near the action without actually fully participating in it.

So, you define "participation" as avalanching and moshing?

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,539 posts

So, you define "participation" as avalanching and moshing?

They are forms of participation, certainly not all.

Everyone has their own style, some people prefer to be more rowdy than others.

goddam

goddam

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts

They are forms of participation, certainly not all.

Everyone has their own style, some people prefer to be more rowdy than others.

This is true. I think we all want everyone in the section to have fun. But that doesn't give people a license to do whatever they want.

Some like to mosh, avalanche, etc. But the people who get trampled in the wake or have someone fall on top of them from one or two rows back don't necessarily appreciate it. And that doesn't mean they are just 'casual fans'.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,539 posts

And that doesn't mean they are just 'casual fans'.

That wasn't the purpose of my post, but tough to get that across on a message board.

I was trying to point out that there is in fact a lot of "fans" in the SW. Part of that has to do with how the section is open for random people to buy tickets to. Other part of that is people bringing their girlfriends, wives, husbands, cousins, boyfriend's mother, etc.

goddam

goddam

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts

That wasn't the purpose of my post, but tough to get that across on a message board.

I was trying to point out that there is in fact a lot of "fans" in the SW. Part of that has to do with how the section is open for random people to buy tickets to. Other part of that is people bringing their girlfriends, wives, husbands, cousins, boyfriend's mother, etc.

Fair enough. Didn't mean to single you out in particular.

Yeah, it sucks that there are a lot of tourists. And they seem to find their way into the heart of the section. The trick is to try to get some of them to join in and stick around. Hell, I stood next to a grandmother last year and got her to do Wipeout with us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users