nyrmetros

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,825 posts
  • Supports:Metros, USMNT, NUFC, Rangers
Hopefully next year....??

http://www.tsn.ca/so...tory/?id=391906

There were 13,415 fans in attendance at Red Bull Arena.

chunas

chunas

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 903 posts
  • Supports:RedBulls

Hopefully next year....??

I personally don't care about it sell out no sell out ! I just want my team to win .....
what just happen!

Vinny

Vinny

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 432 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, USMNT, LosTicos by Marriage
Well Heck did sell enough tickets to open the upper bowl! :unsure:

-Vinny
Wasting away on another forum, oh joy!

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts
  • Supports:Metro
The weather was a big factor I think.

nyrmetros

nyrmetros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,825 posts
  • Supports:Metros, USMNT, NUFC, Rangers

The weather was a big factor I think.

Didn't rain. Perfect day for football.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, USL, Premier League
Sat in 106 for the first time today with my fiancÚ. She said her only complaint was the stadium looked like it did at Giants Stadium.

Told her about the clown, Chris Heck. Without missing a beat we see a "Chris Heck hates soccer fans" shirt. Classic.

There for the start of the Curse of Caricola. There 17 years later for the end of the Curse of Caricola.

NEW YORK RED BULLS - 2013 SUPPORTERS SHIELD

RiverEnergyDrink

RiverEnergyDrink

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, C.A.R.P., NYR
i think a big part of it had to do with it being a cold day and playing a winless, expansion side. duh.

NJEuroMutt

NJEuroMutt

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls,Nottingham My Kids
After the home opener game it seemed there was no effort to get people in the seats as far as ads and marketing are concerned on a cold and rainy Saturday afternoon. Not that I care..It appears we win games when the crowds sparse and the weather is bad....I dont mind the cold but a lot of folks around me couldn't stand it. I just hope that this game is not what to expect when we play teams that arent LA as far as attendance is concerned... because if it is, Id be concerned if my name was Chris Heck. Its nice to see a full stadium with a lot of participation from the people around me in the supporters sections ..the players deserve as much..especially after today's display of excellence from King Henry. Then again if the potential to witness a Henry hat trick live wont get butts in the seats, I dunno if a soccer mom groupon deal will...lol ( sorry..random snob moment..lol)
Beckham? His wife can't sing and his barber can't cut hair.
Brian Clough

You're Going To Reap Just What You Sow,
You're Going To Reap Just What You Sow...

C.O.Jones

C.O.Jones

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts
  • Supports:CF Cadiz

After the home opener game it seemed there was no effort to get people in the seats as far as ads and marketing are concerned on a cold and rainy Saturday afternoon. Not that I care..It appears we win games when the crowds sparse and the weather is bad....I dont mind the cold but a lot of folks around me couldn't stand it. I just hope that this game is not what to expect when we play teams that arent LA as far as attendance is concerned... because if it is, Id be concerned if my name was Chris Heck. Its nice to see a full stadium with a lot of participation from the people around me in the supporters sections ..the players deserve as much..especially after today's display of excellence from King Henry. Then again if the potential to witness a Henry hat trick live wont get butts in the seats, I dunno if a soccer mom groupon deal will...lol ( sorry..random snob moment..lol)

Excellent points :cheers:

You also have to keep in mind too that there was a good bump in numbers vs. Colorado due to the fact that the Arsenal supporters placed 500-700 butts in the seats. Add a few hundred from the Ryan Meara Friends and Family group and you have almost 1000 people that will probably not attend another match this season.
Today's match most likely had a few hundred more "one and done" fans from the comp tickets that the FO gave to those who attended the opening day festivities.
It's not looking too rosy for Heck and Company.

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts
  • Supports:RBNY
Who cares about attendance? We're fans. We're not marketing executives. Let Chris Heck lose his job over it. It doesn't really matter to me.

Loyal supporter of RBNY: 2013 Supporters' Shield Champions

Harraby Lad

Harraby Lad

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,604 posts
  • Supports:several real football clubs

Who cares about attendance? We're fans. We're not marketing executives. Let Chris Heck lose his job over it. It doesn't really matter to me.

You won't be a 'fan' much longer if these attendances keep up :cheers:
Master of Karate and Friendship for everyone.

BlancDaBody

BlancDaBody

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Coventry City, USMNT

Haters do. Stop feeding the trolls, we score 5 goals with a Thierry Henry hat trick and the attendance threads pop up faster than the appreciation ones. I'm surprised some of these losers even have the gall to show their faces on this board so quickly.
"I'm Thierry Henry, BITCH!"
"I'M STRONG!" - Thierry Henry

conquistador

conquistador

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Supports:USA ESP RCDLC

You won't be a 'fan' much longer if these attendances keep up :cheers:

Abso fucking lutely.
it's basic economics, but I guess I still will explain.
The team will not succeed without attendance. Attending fans = money for the team, which is a business. Money is the fuel for any business. So.. without attendance there is no money. Without money there is no business. Without a business there is no team.
I'd rather be a fan of a team that still exists than a fan of a team that was great when it was around, and the 500 fans were really loyal. But maybe I'm crazy.

beefyT

beefyT

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Supports:RBNY
Thoughts -
like last year's allstar game, you are required to buy a package for a ticket to see Spurs. Today's game was part of that pack. Ouch.
shitty attendance = no $$ = no 3rd DP = :(

The Metrologist

The Metrologist

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Abso fucking lutely.
it's basic economics, but I guess I still will explain.
The team will not succeed without attendance. Attending fans = money for the team, which is a business. Money is the fuel for any business. So.. without attendance there is no money. Without money there is no business. Without a business there is no team.
I'd rather be a fan of a team that still exists than a fan of a team that was great when it was around, and the 500 fans were really loyal. But maybe I'm crazy.

Hater.
No one makes TV commercials to get people to look at their billboards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users