300 replies to this topic

iced1776

iced1776

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,908 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Back pass vs dallas for their 2nd and winning goal?

I guess I'm nitpicking here but that was an attacking mistake, not a defensive one. My point really is that people constantly rip on Miller's defense and very rarely point out Solli's obvious defensive shortcomings. Solli was the one who gave Mapp far too much space on Montreal's second goal but I didn't see anyone calling him out on it.

Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, football, hockey, basketball, baseball
  • Supports:red bulls

I guess I'm nitpicking here but that was an attacking mistake, not a defensive one. My point really is that people constantly rip on Miller's defense and very rarely point out Solli's obvious defensive shortcomings. Solli was the one who gave Mapp far too much space on Montreal's second goal but I didn't see anyone calling him out on it.

Very good point, I tend to strongly agree with you. Solli has been real bad defensively this year and also does not have speed to contain forwards for the most part. His strength lies in his offensive ability to pass the ball forward. Whole first half , Montreal had too much space above the 18 yard box and mostly I think Rafa wa sto blame.

acesfull86

acesfull86

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYJ
link

After recently recovering from a deep right ankle bruise picked up in Week 2’s road loss to Real Salt Lake, Tainio suffered a knock to his right knee on Thursday morning. The injury could force him to miss his second game of the season.

“He twisted his knee now so we have to wait and see,” head coach Hans Backe told MLSsoccer.com following Thursday’s practice.

Backe said Tainio’s availability for the match at Crew Stadium would be decided on Friday. Should Tainio not suit up, Dax McCarty is likely to fill in for him while Victor Palsson would be the primary central midfielder on the bench.

Backe also gave an update on Wilman Conde, who did solo work off to the side on Thursday, saying the Colombian center back continues to be a question mark with a strained groin.

“Wilman is definitely doubtful,” said Backe. “He will travel with us and we will make a late decision.”

The other big injury concern, midfielder Rafa Marquez, is also not completely healthy. Still, Backe expects the Designated Player to suit up versus the Crew.

“Rafa seems to be perhaps not 100 percent, still a little stiff in his groin,” said Backe. “But he will be ready.”

:angry:

Lot of injury issues heading into this one.

C.O.Jones

C.O.Jones

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts
  • Supports:CF Cadiz

link

After recently recovering from a deep right ankle bruise picked up in Week 2’s road loss to Real Salt Lake, Tainio suffered a knock to his right knee on Thursday morning. The injury could force him to miss his second game of the season.

“.
Rafa seems to be perhaps not 100 percent, still a little stiff in his groin,” said Backe. “But he will be ready.”

:blink: :huh: :lol:

acesfull86

acesfull86

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYJ
That's almost as good as Al Trautwig on MSG saying Amar'e Stoudemire has a bulging dick (instead of disc).

Rob Money

Rob Money

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts
what's with all these groin injuries? are their girlfriends/wives that rough in the sack?

Jeremy Thunder

Jeremy Thunder

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,918 posts
  • Supports:Metro

what's with all these groin injuries? are their girlfriends/wives that rough in the sack?

same problem as last year--we have no trainers who know shit about preventative stretching/exercise apparently.
  __    __   ______Spirit_of_96 __ __     _____    
 /_/\  /\_\ /\_____\/\_______)\/_/\__/\  ) ___ (   
 ) ) \/ ( (( (_____/\(___  __\/) ) ) ) )/ /\_/\ \  
/_/ \  / \_\\ \__\    / / /   /_/ /_/_// /_/ (_\ \ 
\ \ \\// / // /__/_  ( ( (    \ \ \ \ \\ \ )_/ / / 
 )_) )( (_(( (_____\  \ \ \    )_) ) \ \\ \/_\/ /  
 \_\/  \/_/ \/_____/  /_/_/    \_\/ \_\/ )_____(   
                   Red Bull Out                                 

Chic Charnley

Chic Charnley

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,195 posts
  • Interests:football, soccer, futball....etc
  • Supports:New York & PTFC
Not been impressed with Columbus this season. Awful at the rapids and massively helped by Torontos defending in their win there. A team that defends first and hits on the break. Hopefully Dilly Duka is still out, the guy is the real deal; vision, control, technique, the lot. Looking at their roster they could of played an all metro/redbull midfield of Duka-Tchani-knuckles-Gaven.......definitely a workable MLS midfield.

Looks like Tainio & Conde are doubtful and Marquez is not 100%. Which is not much help for Henry &Cooper. Hoping Lindpere is 100% and Dane makes an appearance this season.

Playing safe with a 1-1 prediction

Rooney22

Rooney22

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,452 posts
  • Supports:The Mighty Fucking Metro
Tommorow could be sloppy with Conde and Tanio out and with Rafa's injury still linguring. It could possibly look like the first 2 road games. They should just let Rafa heal and put Lindpere in the middle of the park with Ballouchy playing left or put Henry on the left and start Sonic upfront with Cooper.

Island Cool 12

Island Cool 12

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Reading FC
Crew Stadium is never an easy place to play, but this years Crew team is the weakest since 2007. I still think it will be a 50/50 mattch though. Final score 2-2

iced1776

iced1776

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,908 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona
Conference road game with a few of our key guys out... these are the kind of games the team needs to grind out to have a shot at a decent playoff spot. We need more games like the away win at Dallas last year and less games like May through August.

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,969 posts
  • Supports:RBNY
Lindpere could play #10 if management realized it. He has the shot and short passing ability for it. Now that Ballouchy has looked acceptable out left...
"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

Hutskizzle

Hutskizzle

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,723 posts
------------KFC-----------
-------Henry--------------
Lindpere--------Richards
-----------Dax------------
---------Marquez---------
Miller--Keel--Holg--Solli
----------Meara----------

Only 2 subs I see are Palsson for Marquez/Dax and Ballouchy for Lindpere/Richards

Mike
Petke
Fever
Catch It.

elf

elf

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,468 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
i think this is a game that you give Palsson the start with Dax in the middle.

And maybe sub in Marquez for the last 30 minutes if we need a spark. Maruqez and Tanio need rest. its a long season.

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,770 posts
  • Supports:RBNY
Tainio is out 4-6 weeks with ligament damage in his knee. Conde is out for one week. Marquez still not 100%. This game could hurt.

Loyal supporter of RBNY: 2013 Supporters' Shield Champions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users