26 replies to this topic

MetroPolishFirm

MetroPolishFirm

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts
  • Supports:METRO, RAKÓW Częstochowa
Names are good, the song after goal is terrible and should go ,so we in SW can sing the players name

MikeV

MikeV

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,490 posts
  • Supports:Metros

Names are good, the song after goal is terrible and should go ,so we in SW can sing the players name

I've always hated the post goal song, by the time it's over the singing has died down. If it was something cool we could sing to it would be much better.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,527 posts
  • Supports:1pct Derby

I've always hated the post goal song, by the time it's over the singing has died down. If it was something cool we could sing to it would be much better.

What is the song that is played after goals? I always get caught up in the section hysteria and never noticed it.
"If they asked me to go back to the academy and coach the U-14s (I would have). I care about this club. It was never false, it always rings true.’" - Red Bull New York Head Coach Michael Petke

MetroFever

MetroFever

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Does anyone else feel like I do and wonder why they choose to announce the players first name rather than their last or both first and last. I can't tell you how dumb it sounds when they yell goal scored by "Thierryy." I am just waiting for the Henry never comes.

Then their is some garble in spanish I don't understand but at least they announce the whole name.

Anyone feel the same or different???

It sounds terrible. Just announce the whole name.

Also, one of the few things they've maintained through the name changes is the announcements in Spanish which is condescending to folks with a Latino background. It's as if they can't understand "Goal scored by....." in English and need a translation.

Komba

Komba

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,701 posts
I absolutely agree about getting rid of the spanish translation. I understand the reasoning behind it, but it instead patronizes everyone.

A good idea may be to scrap the goal announcement in spanish, but then replay the radio call of the goal which does a number of things. Feels more natural and also advertises that the games are called on the radio as well.

Plus the spanish radio goal calls are usually pretty exciting for anyone.

Remy

Remy

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Cant trust the jumbotron, I remember DeRo getting listed once as our starter during the lineups last year after we traded him.

No kidding. For the Montreal game, Nyassi was listed as "Massi".

What is the song that is played after goals? I always get caught up in the section hysteria and never noticed it.

"How You Like Me Now", by The Heavy.

HarlemKnight

HarlemKnight

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, US National Team
I know this has been asked before on another thread but, what SHOULD be the official goal song, or more importantly, do we really NEED to have one?

Ora e per sempre. Forza Metro!!!

beerman

beerman

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

I like it.

I don't like all the jock jams they play whenever there isn't play on the field, including before kickoff. Is it just me or does it seem like there's been more music blared this season?

No it's just that this years play list pretty much sucks. Way to much Euro Techno.

AHighBlackman

AHighBlackman

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Supports: Metro! - USMNT -

'How you like me now! How you like me now! How you like me NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!" I dont know, I've heard the song multiple of times in movie trailers don't know who sings that shit though. I like saying the players name, it happens in europe [germany, holland for example] gives a good sound to the stadium when you hear the support.
  •    Starting 11
  • ------------ BWP ----------
  • -------- Henry ----------------
  • --- Oyongo------- L.Sam ------
  • ---------  Cahill -----------
  • -----------  Dax  --------------
  • Miller -------------  Duvall
  •      Ibrahim - J.Olave

4 - 4 - 2

Blood Diamond

4 - 3 - 3

@RaceCardUser

Instagram: blackmanjustin

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,770 posts
  • Supports:RBNY
I preferred when they played a clip from "Bulls on Parade" when RBNY scored. The new song only made sense when we came from behind to take the lead.

Loyal supporter of RBNY: 2013 Supporters' Shield Champions

Footie17

Footie17

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Benfica, US, Portugal
I enjoyed the Pennywise "Bro Hymn" period. That always got me amped. The best was when they played it after Angel scored to tie up in the playoff game against San Jose two seasons. The whole stadium went nuts and I felt that song just made it that much louder. I blacked out after that and have no recollection of any of the proceedings afterwards.

goodonezach

goodonezach

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 435 posts
  • Interests:turtles
  • Supports:RBNY, CFC,
forget a goal song, it drowns out the south ward. instead, just blast a really solid goal horn 2-3x. it's the most demoralizing sound for the away team.
The Red Bulls’ Estonian midfielder takes the honor for quote of the evening, indicating that the victory in LA was critical in order for his team “to show that we are not an easy cake.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users