77 replies to this topic

ElMonoLoco

ElMonoLoco

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull

The real crime is just laziness on the PATH's part. They could run like a 3 train shuttle to/from Harrison to Journal Sq on game days that just went back & forth, to ease crowding, they just don't give a shit. The 4 train isn't super-quick to get to midtown either, but there's always 4-5 of them waiting after Yankees games, so 50,000 people get in & out pretty quickly, even with long lines. (some take the D, but still)

After games, all they have to do is run 3 extra express trains to Wall St. and it would clear most of the lines, and the shuttle between Harrison & Journal Sq. would take care of the rest, along with normal service. Yes, 6 trains sounds like a lot, and you have crews to work them, and it's a union work shift issue, etc, but we're talking about 2 days a month, 15-17 times a year in total. Fuckin' figure it out already.

They can't run express trains cause there's only 1 track each way in the tunnels. Any express train will get stuck behind a regular train making all the stops.

BillFromAstoria

BillFromAstoria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Liverpool, US, SUNY Purchase
PATH could utilize "Platform H" at Newark Penn and house an extra train there during post-games at RBA and the Rock.

That train at Platform H could be the oft-despised shuttle that dumps fans off at Journal Square. It could park at the oft-unused Track 3 at JSQ where the train from 33 St. Terminates, then double back to Newark Penn and pick up more fans. The 33 St. trains could simply stop at Track 2 and double back to Manhattan.

On weekends, where PATH trains run every 8-10 minutes, they could easily do this.

METRO T-SHIRTS!

http://1996NY.spreadshirt.com

Even the losers get lucky sometimes.

nyrmetros

nyrmetros

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,844 posts
  • Supports:Metros, USMNT, NUFC, Rangers

And you can't deny those catenary lines look like total shit.

Higher top speed.

conquistador

conquistador

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Supports:USA ESP RCDLC

Higher top speed.

And yet it still isn't going faster than its diesel and third rail counterpart across the river. It's almost as stupid as getting a slow v6 version of a sports car that you can't use at times because it's too impractical for your life style. Io

nyrmetros

nyrmetros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,844 posts

And yet it still isn't going faster than its diesel and third rail counterpart across the river. It's almost as stupid as getting a slow v6 version of a sports car that you can't use at times because it's too impractical for your life style. Io

Leave Eric out of this.

Charlestown Chiefs

Charlestown Chiefs

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,231 posts
  • Interests:In no particular order Hockey,Beer,Metro,Women
  • Supports:Metro/RB USMNT NY RANGERS BAYERN

Leave Eric out of this.

could be worse

nyrmetros

nyrmetros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,844 posts

Because of your hurtful words eric is now trading in his camaro v6 for a v8.

conquistador

conquistador

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Supports:USA ESP RCDLC

Because of your hurtful words eric is now trading in his camaro v6 for a v8.

Holy fucking shit... I finally read this.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fuck I really need to laugh at someone else' expense right now.

nyrmetros

nyrmetros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,844 posts
Yup!

nyrmetros

nyrmetros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,844 posts
http://secondavenues...oughts-on-path/

http://www.flickr.co...tream/lightbox/

http://www.northjers...eak_record.html

nyrmetros

nyrmetros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,844 posts
http://www.panynj.go...ernization.html

Posted Image

Posted Image

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,637 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

http://www.panynj.go...ernization.html

Posted Image

Posted Image

Not bad, 2 staircases leading out from the middle of the Newark-Bound platform, it seems. None at the end(s) of the platform?

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

I don't care about NYCFC or the Cosmos.  I only care about Metro.  So MOTHERFUCK those two teams.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,527 posts
  • Supports:1pct Derby
That World Trade Center station entrance is visually impressive.

I like the improvements to the Harrison Station as well... sort of fits in with the new building developments around the stations. Which are reminding me more and more of what I had seen in Arlington, Virginia.

After the current station developments are done... I'd love to see some additional connections in Manhattan. Astor Place and / or a stop Grand Central would be significant.

Not sure they can go deeper into NJ as they would have to construct train lines from scratch.

Still... it's pretty impressive what they have done and the additional revenue / ridership shows that the upgrades are warranted.
"If they asked me to go back to the academy and coach the U-14s (I would have). I care about this club. It was never false, it always rings true." - Red Bull New York Head Coach Michael Petke

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts
  • Supports:Metro
I don't see any mention of wider stairways or a bigger platform to accommodate more riders...

SELL THE TEAM

Section133

Section133

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 963 posts
  • Supports:Metros
For the love of god.. why can't the stairs exit on the OTHER SIDE OF THE STREET! You know.. where the stadium is..

So I wont have to walk the entire length of the arena just to cross the street! They block you from crossing now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users