222 replies to this topic

regulator

regulator

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
you guys sound great on tv tonight. kudos!

Matrim55

Matrim55

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,255 posts
  • Supports:Metros
First half was excellent until the end, which was ruined by Marquez's jackassery. Lucky for you guys, you probably won't have to deal with that for 3-5 games or so.

Fingers crossed the 2nd half lives up.

ajb1102

ajb1102

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
101+VA were awesome. GSS had a very shaky first half, their own capo was getting pissed. Everyone made a great effort to be on the same page, but honestly its just a matter of distance/SCIENCE that mostly GSS gets off beat. the slow call and responses work but once the beat gets going, it takes about 20 seconds to fall off beat of 101 because of the way the sound travels and then they just sort of get frustrated and fall out of it. but definitely a huge step forward. UNITY.

Matrim55

Matrim55

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,255 posts
  • Supports:Metros

101+VA were awesome. GSS had a very shaky first half, their own capo was getting pissed. Everyone made a great effort to be on the same page, but honestly its just a matter of distance/SCIENCE that mostly GSS gets off beat. the slow call and responses work but once the beat gets going, it takes about 20 seconds to fall off beat of 101 because of the way the sound travels and then they just sort of get frustrated and fall out of it. but definitely a huge step forward. UNITY.

Practice makes perfect.

Honestly the first half was incredible on TV. Best I've heard it in forever.

copaantl98

copaantl98

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars and USNT

Based on what I and several others saw, the 133 perch at times didnt seem to make much of an effort on some of the songs started up from the 101perch. it certainly wasnt every song.
Judge: Mr Griffin, you even tried to bribe me with a subscription to Grape soda today, which I already have!

I'M AN AMERISNOB.

jamison

jamison

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,545 posts
  • Supports:New York
There were times when we were together, and times when we weren't. Sometimes 133 went off & did its own thing, sometimes 101 did its own thing. It happens; not the end of the world. Overall, it was a much better effort. Thanks to all those who worked to make it better, much appreciated.

Marc de Grandpre is a very obvious shit sandwich. 

NJEuroMutt

NJEuroMutt

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls,Nottingham My Kids
I was in 133...we'd try to catch up and then all of a sudden be off by half a beat..catch up...then off...he looked pissed to me but I can understand..at points I was even shacking my head. Dunno what it was but it got better. Cheers to all on the capos perch though seriously..I appreciate it as does my friends and family that come to the games with me. its hard when all the groups are so spread out...
Beckham? His wife can't sing and his barber can't cut hair.
Brian Clough

You're Going To Reap Just What You Sow,
You're Going To Reap Just What You Sow...

jamison

jamison

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,545 posts
  • Supports:New York
The first 10 minutes were about as good as the SW has ever sounded in RBA. Something to build on.

Marc de Grandpre is a very obvious shit sandwich. 

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,363 posts
  • Supports:Metro
It was the first run of this, and I think it was definitely a passing grade from me. It was better than it had been, and there was a legitimate effort made on all sides. Something to build on.

From my vantage point there were times 133 and 102 were in sync and 101 was off too. It wasn't all 133, but in general I think it will get even better from here.

Liked some of the new songs too.

DE GRANDPRE OUT

Foz

Foz

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Korea Republic
Really sounded great. Best I can remember.

Charlestown Chiefs

Charlestown Chiefs

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,231 posts
  • Interests:In no particular order Hockey,Beer,Metro,Women
  • Supports:Metro/RB USMNT NY RANGERS BAYERN
still needs work. lets see how long this lasts

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,506 posts
  • Supports:1pct Derby
I had my reservations, but I was pleasantly surprised how well it went. Much better than the first two home games. Obrigado. I shook the hand of both ESC capos as well as the first half capos for both Viking and GSU for progress.
"If they asked me to go back to the academy and coach the U-14s (I would have). I care about this club. It was never false, it always rings true." - Red Bull New York Head Coach Michael Petke

Amerisnob

Amerisnob

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Supports:Metro, PAOK
What we did today worked, and after watching the game later on TV, it shows. That was the loudest we've been in a long ass time. It wasn't near perfect, but nothing really is on the first try. Let's keep this going and all these problems, whether they be ego-related or logistical, will be solved.

And his whole thing about getting off beat certainly isn't an unsolvable problem, because there are sections much, much deeper and wider than ours in other clubs here and all around the world which are coordinated just fine. Whether it be having only one perch or whatever it takes we can always improve and today was the first step.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,594 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO
Well we know one thing...

He's in town:
[tips cap]

Posted Image

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

I don't care about NYCFC or the Cosmos.  I only care about Metro.  So MOTHERFUCK those two teams.

Rob Money

Rob Money

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
To me it sounded like 101 was off time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users