20 replies to this topic

betoAYAK

betoAYAK

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,232 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Barca, Millonarios, Jesters

Good for RB for doing it. Never hard of the guy but just sad as all hell to hear the news. That side I have to say shame on the FO for not doing the same for Giorgio Chinaglia. I think in away RB just side a big fuck you to all soccer fans that call NY home.

i dunno about the chinaglia thing but good for RB for the moment of silence and the arm bands. i understand the argument that some people made but there's a difference when someone dies doing something other than playing their hearts out (no pun intended) and when someone dies while trying to entertain us. sure, he wasn't world reknown, but the fact is that the livelihood of pro soccer players and supporters are in effect tied together and you have to respect and honor when that love causes the death of a player or a supporter.

the world is smaller than we like to think it is.
You're a fucking monkey.
QUOTE (NittanyMetros @ Mar 17 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It seems Philly fans have signed up on metrofanatic to vote for themselves (in 'What team do you hate more?') . No real fan of this team would vote anything other than DC.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,569 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU
Whatever the merits of any particular moment of silence, its pisses me off how little silence there ever is. How fucking difficult is it for people to keep their mouth shut for 60 friggen seconds????
Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.
George Best, on David Beckham

Harraby Lad

Harraby Lad

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,604 posts
  • Supports:several real football clubs

Whatever the merits of any particular moment of silence, its pisses me off how little silence there ever is. How fucking difficult is it for people to keep their mouth shut for 60 friggen seconds????

Everton / Liverpool silence was impeccably observed yesterday. That was a football match though.
Master of Karate and Friendship for everyone.

Hutskizzle

Hutskizzle

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,703 posts

about as difficult as the southward finally being unified

Mike
Petke
Fever
Catch It.

Quema

Quema

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ

Everton / Liverpool silence was impeccably observed yesterday. That was a football match though.

I don't even know why I'm bothering, but come on. You really think that has anything to do with people being able to shut up for 60 seconds?
The U.S./Argentina friendly last March-- does that count as a football match? Because that was the loudest moment of "silence" I've ever heard.

soccerfreak9210

soccerfreak9210

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, ROMA, USA, ITALY

As was Chelsea / Tottenham ... Wait :)+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users