#16 Slug

Slug

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,675 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles Galaxy, U.S.A.

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:26 AM

Rafa is just misunderstood. I'm sure he's a nice guy and just wants to play to provide for his family. If he has to break some bones and kick someone on the face, then so be it. What is MLS going to do? Nothing. Hi Garbs.

Let's Eat!

#17 Catamount

Catamount

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,634 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:00 AM

Took a look at the replay. Salinas really torched the Red Bulls, starting with a late tackle from behind against Richards (who subsequently set up a goal). Then Salinas is involved in both SJ goals. Marquez plays defense on corners by wrapping both arms around his marker and running over them until they fall down. He had been marking other players until the end of the game you can see him pick out Salinas to mark. Then he hugs him, runs him over, and kicks him as you see in the video. A defender like Marquez would not normally be marking a 5 ft nothing midfielder like Salinas. Seems pretty intentional to me.

Perhaps I misunderstand Rafa though... I think I recall LD making comments about how dirty NY is. :pint:

#18 American Beer

American Beer

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts
  • Supports:Whiskey & Pancakes

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:12 AM

MLS Disciplinary Committee meets Tuesday.
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.
-H. L. Mencken
----------------------
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which "unskilled people reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices but their incompetence robs them of the metacognitive ability to realize it." The unskilled therefore suffer from illusory superiority, rating their own ability as above average.

Torrance Pickup Soccer @ Greenwood Park, 9:00am Saturday! Details here: https://www.facebook...yourLARiotSquad

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users